Finally!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDave76:
Just got to get out of Greenville, Huh? Not a lot of clear blue ocean water around!
I'm envoius. Hope you get the job. Would be great to be able to make a living doing what you are passionate about!

Not a lot of blue water around me in Atl either...that's why I'm headed to the Bahamas on Fri.

Dave

Yes yes yes. I can't stand being in Greenville. I've been here since I was 6 months old. I finally got out this year to go to dive school in February and then to St. Thomas, USVI in May but then came back here for a VERY bad reason. That will never happen again of course. I learned from that experience. Now I;ve been trying my best to find a way out again while still paying for student loan and other things. This is the perfect job for me in many many ways. I miss the blue Caribbean water so I have been working hard to get this job. The guy I talked to said that personnel would contact me about the drug test and physical within a day or so and when I got home from work that same day, they had already contacted me. So that's a great sign. Thanks for the kind words and I'll keep you updated. :)

Good luck with everything. I understand wanting to leave somwhere completely. I got stationed in SC (Shaw AFB) and have been trying to leave for a while. Thankfully, I'll be relocating to VA in January to work with the government as a civilian.

Working on a cruise ship ain't all that much fun.
I go on cruises often and have become friends with some of the crew members.
Takes a real good attitude to make it. theres alot of bull you have to deal with.
At least most time it's only a 6 month contract. So if you don't like it you can quit after that. Good luck.
Fred

fgray1:
Working on a cruise ship ain't all that much fun.
I go on cruises often and have become friends with some of the crew members.
Takes a real good attitude to make it. theres alot of bull you have to deal with.
At least most time it's only a 6 month contract. So if you don't like it you can quit after that. Good luck.
Fred

These are actually four month contracts. You get four months on and then about three weeks off. I know it's a lot of work. The guy who interviewed me told me about it being 10-12 hour days and 7 days a week but I want it. I know I can make it if I keep a good attitude. We'll see how I like it. :)

Woo hoo!! I got the job! I call tomorrow to find out the details of the job like where I'll be and on what ship. I am so excited....it starts this Saturday!

*wets pants*

I'll try to stay frequent on the board but it will be a busy life. Woo hoo!

Very kewl NatureDiver, congrats congrats!

cd_in_SeaTac:
Very kewl NatureDiver, congrats congrats!
Hey congratulations. If you are assigned to the NCL SUN I might see you in February. My Dad, my husband and a couple of friends and I are going to be on the NCL SUN for a 7-day cruise Feb. 15-22. We are going to Ochos Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Looking forward to seeing if you will be there. Good luck on your assignment.

Personally, I prefer Norwegian Cruise Lines and I definetly think a lot of there DIVE IN staff and program.
:snorkel:

NatureDiver:
After 7 long months of sending my resume over and over and being very persistant...I finally got a response! I have a phone interview on Monday 12/22/03 with Norwegian Cruise Lines for a diving instructor position aboard the ships! I'm so excited...I've really really been wanting this job. Persistance pays! Wish me luck! Do I sound happy at all? :)

Congrats ND! I hope you get what you want and wish you well.

Alrighty, here's my assignment. I will be working my first contract on the Norwegian Wind. This ship does cruise throughout the western Caribbean. This includes Cozumel, Belize, and Grand Cayman. He gave me a choice of either this Saturday or next Saturday so I chose next Saturday to give me more time to get things in order before I leave. I'm waiting for personnel to send me my flight details so that I'll know when I'm flying out but I will be flying to Miami and boarding the ship there. You can't possibly believe how excited I am about this. This is definitely an awesome opportunity for me. There are internet cafes on the ship so I'll try to stay as frequent as I can on the board. Hopefully I can get a digital camera and post some pictures eventually. :)

seaangel:
Hey congratulations. If you are assigned to the NCL SUN I might see you in February. My Dad, my husband and a couple of friends and I are going to be on the NCL SUN for a 7-day cruise Feb. 15-22. We are going to Ochos Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Looking forward to seeing if you will be there. Good luck on your assignment.

Personally, I prefer Norwegian Cruise Lines and I definetly think a lot of there DIVE IN staff and program.
:snorkel:

Thanks for the encouragement. I've never even been on a cruise so this is pretty exciting for me. :) Take two cruises, one onf Sun and one on Wind. :)

Back
Top Bottom