finished my IANTD full tech Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Improve your SAC rate by not swimming in Ginnie :wink: Once you get into the gallery head to the ceiling, I like pulling along the right side, there is no reason to try swimming against the flow.

that initial part in the gallery is tough getting to the ceiling, once I'm up there I start to get a rhythm. I just need to do the penetration in a none training mode where I'm not in a hurry to get in as far as possible before turning the dive and getting in to the failure drills.

each time I stage in I make it a little further, so it is getting better....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just FYI you need 100 post certification dives to count towards Abe Davis. The 15 training dives don't count. :) Congrats on your cert but 100 dives does not make one a cave diver. It's the lessons you learn along the way and the experiences you gain. Trust me I have learned many lessons, many the hard way. At 100 cave dives I just really started getting comfortable and it was then that I began to fully realize everything that my mentors and peers were trying to tell me all along about gaining experience before moving to the next level. A couple "coming to Jesus" moments also helped to put things in perspective. I have nearly 200 full cave dives now and I'm perfectly content in gaining experience before I move on to trimix, deep, or scooter cave dives. Plenty of cave to see without all that. Enjoy the journey, have fun, and be safe. Again congrats. :)
Ah yes, the walk of shame !!!!! ;P....

Just a follow up. The left side of the gallery sucks. Tried it twice, maybe it was the day's condition whatever. I'll stay high and right thanks :cool2:

Just a follow up. The left side of the gallery sucks. Tried it twice, maybe it was the day's condition whatever. I'll stay high and right thanks :cool2:
without seeing what you did (sounds like you weren't high enough) it's hard to say what's up.
james has a video of himself swimming two stages through there quite leisurely that might be helpful. but left side right side. whatever floats your boat

without seeing what you did (sounds like you weren't high enough) it's hard to say what's up.
james has a video of himself swimming two stages through there quite leisurely that might be helpful. but left side right side. whatever floats your boat

I'm relatively certain I was as high as I could get. I kept tucked in nice and close to the wall but sure did have to do quite a bit of pulling and then still had to cross over just before the Lips. I'd like to check out the video.

Congrats Tom! Cave training is a blast ain't it! LOL.

As of entering Ginnie, I always found a scooter to be the easiest! LOL. :) But when I must swim, it's the left side that works best for me. Plenty of spots I can stop and just hang out without the flow moving me.

In my Cave 2 class, David Rhea was quite insistent that high on the left wall was the place to be. To the point where, when I ended up on the right side, I had a giant hand seize my manifold and literally DRAG me across the passage to the left wall. (I was impressed by this, because the reason I was on the right-hand wall was that I had inadvertently gotten there, and I didn't think I could swim across the passage to get to the other side, let alone tow someone else there . . . )

I use the right side myself because I am right handed (ducks under table)
Like they said , what ever floats your boat.

Beano

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom