Finning near the bottom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what is a Biofin?
I'm an idiot. I can't tell one split fin from another. I got your Force fins confused with the Apollo Biofins. I don't own either.

I suspect that with a little practice you'll be able to back kick with your Force fins.

Sorry for the confusion (welcome to my world)...

Actually much to my suprise... it worked well for practice!

I had joked about putting kids swim floaties on my ankles to raise my feet more...Today I tried it [just so I could teel you about it not working] and added double ankle weights around thigh just abbove my knees.

OMG!! It worked perfectly.. not only did it create the right position but it really exagerates the movement to make you much more concious... It also provides "drag" so you are almost swimming in place! I was pretty shocked at the silly experiment.

Since it was halloween I took it to the next level! We have a pond in the front yard... I praciced in the pond until unsuspecting kids walked past an then popped up as the creature from the black lagoon! I've never heard so many screams in my life! Best fun I've ever had on scuba!!!

I need to try something similar (without the scary Halloween effects and I wouldn't go into my pond unless someone gave me a million dollars).

Went to a spring with no viz on the weekend and tried to practice my frog kick but I felt my knees were too low and my ankles not high enough. Definitely not a right angle with the legs! I didn't manage to silt too bad but who knows with no viz, however it was a bit exhausting!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom