fins for warm-water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my Jetfins (with spring heels) 99% of the time here in Thailand (and Malaysia, Indonesia, The Philippines, Maldives etc). The water, generally around 28-30 degrees, never dips below 24 degrees Centigrade and I wear a 3mm wetsuit most of the time. The Jets have never given me trouble—yes, they are heavier than most but they are tough, compact, and easy to travel with. The only time I ever had any trim problem was the first time I used my Jetfins in the G.O.T. at New England Aquarium—I was wearing a 3mm wetsuit back then too and the Jets were heavier than I expected; I was also forced to wear more weight than I was used to. Am so used to the Jets now that I wouldn’t trade them for anything else. Having said all this, I will occasionally use my Apollo Bio-fin Pros when diving in the blue looking for mantas or when I anticipate a long surface swim.

I like my quattros and would always suggest using booties as to you never know what you may step on in the ocean.

I normally swim when in the ocean instead of walk so I can forgo the booties and use my kick***** full foot fins.

ScubaSarus:
I like my quattros and would always suggest using booties as to you never know what you may step on in the ocean.

I'm one of those rocket fin people in coldwater. For warm I either use them with my regular bootie, or switch to my Full foot Blades, now Stratos FP. Like the power they give.

I like the SP TwinJets best for warm water. They are light and fairly small for packing, and have plenty of propulsion considering how streamlined you are in warm water with just a lightweight (or no) wetsuit. And of course a good diver like you can frog kick, and even backwards frog kick, with the TwinJets. But when you want power or speed (rare) you need to make small quick flutter kicks with these fins.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom