Fins too stiff... knees sore... recommendations for new fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
Thanks for all the recommendations. I will have to try out some split fins. Also, for the record... I've had 3 surgeries on my left knee, 1 on the right, and now arthritis. But, it doesn't get me down... I'm very active! Just get a little sore from time to time.

Gonna check out my LDS and inquire about splits.

It make more sense in this case to change the fins, rather than train yourself up for the "right style" or go to the gym for "stronger calfs"; sometimes you know, different fins are suitable for different people. This example clearly showed the point.

Web Monkey:
FWIW, the splits work better with shorter strokes where the top and bottom are roughly inline with the hole you're pushing through the water.

If you need more speed/power, fin faster, not wider.

Terry

Thanks Terry!.....ive been wondering how to fin with splits. After reading all the info on here it seems the short stroke you described is what ill do! Coz here we come! :) Wash

Back
Top Bottom