Finstrap pins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvintpa

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a pin for attaching a spring strap to a Jet fin? I purchsed the Halcyon spring straps and one of the pins was the wrong length.
Thanks in advance.

I've done that, no response yet.
I was hoping to use them this weekend, but since the old pins are destroyed in the removal process, thanks to Halcyon I now have unuseable fins.

Marvintpa once bubbled...
I was hoping to use them this weekend, but since the old pins are destroyed in the removal process, thanks to Halcyon I now have unuseable fins.

That's a little harsh, isn't it? Did they tell you to tear up the old ones without checking the new ones first?

They'll make it right I'm sure.

WW

Marvintpa once bubbled...

Well that totally sucks.Is there any place near you that sells halcyon products and might warrantee the pin for you.I realize that is a long shot unless you try to rig something out of bailing wire or try to make your own pin at a machine shop or something.

WreckWriter once bubbled...

That's a little harsh, isn't it? Did they tell you to tear up the old ones without checking the new ones first?

They'll make it right I'm sure.

WW

I agree you should always check your new stuff before tearing up your old parts but you would think halcyon would give you the right stuff.As WW said im sure they will make it right as they have done for me when i had a problem with their gear.Just sucks you cant use your fins for the weekend.

lal7176 once bubbled...
unless you try to rig something out of bailing wire or try to make your own pin at a machine shop or something.

a stainless cotter pin should do the trick.

WW

If you bought them from NTD, I bet that they'll replace it for nothing, My light crapped out and no questions asked, Fixed and shipped back to me.

JB

Check your LDS for Jet Fin type replacement buckles. The pin should be the same, in fact I surprised that the one you have is too short. I'm sure you checked and it isn't that the "U" piece is spread apart, is it?

Dave D

Yes, it's not just that the U-piece is spread apart. The other three went on lickity-split, but this pin barely pokes out beyond the rubber through which it passes.
These straps come in a kit, and given the price of the kit you'd figure they could get four pins the same size. Having said that, yes, I shoulda checked first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom