Finstrap pins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvintpa once bubbled...
Yes, it's not just that the U-piece is spread apart. The other three went on lickity-split, but this pin barely pokes out beyond the rubber through which it passes.
These straps come in a kit, and given the price of the kit you'd figure they could get four pins the same size. Having said that, yes, I shoulda checked first.

You're right, it should have been right to start with. I have no doubt they will send you the proper part quickly but probably not quick enough for the weekend.

Your local hardware or marine supply shop will have a stainless steel cotter pin that will give you a temporary fix. Get the thickest that will fit in the hole in the U-brackets and pull it down as far as you can before bending it. This will work, I've seen it done.

WW

Or you can lose the "U" thingy and pins and replace them with 1/8" stainless rod/wire like I used to make mine. See:

http://www.deeperstuff.com/spring-strap.htm

That's what George I. told my dive buddy to do when he showed him the Halcyon straps he bought, and his weren't defective. Assuming you keep the straps, stake down the pin ends, I have seen them come off when folks don't.

Dave D

dmdalton once bubbled...
stake down the pin ends, I have seen them come off when folks don't.

Dave D

Yea, they'll come off if you don't stake them.

WW

I've done that, no response yet.
I was hoping to use them this weekend, but since the old pins are destroyed in the removal process, thanks to Halcyon I now have unuseable fins.

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to my Buddy RED GREEN he will fix them

Keep your stick on the ice:D

I've done that, no response yet.
I was hoping to use them this weekend....

Not sure where your going to get wet, but DiveTeck in Mallory Town carries a wide range of Halcyon stuff, and I know he carries the spring straps. Dan will more then likely have replacement clips for ya... Give him a call and ask....

www.divetech.ca

To all those who felt personally violated that Halcyon could be capable of committing an error: they have very politely responded to my concern and offered to send out a replacement pin to make the situation right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom