First attempt at BP/wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a picture of my inflator hose bungee.
Notice that if the bungee were on the outside of the inflator hose it could catch the quick release and pull it up... popping the hose off.... that is why we do it this way... of course those who have a problem with DIR dictating the way they should do things will want to make sure that they do it their own way. :wink:

Scuba446,
The equipment wasn't the problem.

Whatever...

If dumpind air from a wing was a problem there would be many of us stuck plastered to the ceilings of caves. Not only is dumping air easy but we do it without significantly changing position. IMO, some spend too much effort worrying about equipment and not enough on technique. Until one developes technique they can't tell good equipment from bad.

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you with the BP.....but did you give it enough of a chance?

Mine is still new (June) and I am still getting used to it.

Some ideas based on my trial and error....:

Try using it for a few dives without attaching the inflator hose to the bungee. This leaves it "hanging in the breeze" a little bit more, but it might help get you comfortable with it.

Try using the rear dump.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Here is a picture of my inflator hose bungee.
Notice that if the bungee were on the outside of the inflator hose it could catch the quick release and pull it up... popping the hose off.... that is why we do it this way... of course those who have a problem with DIR dictating the way they should do things will want to make sure that they do it their own way. :wink:

didn't you like my 6 pictures I posted last night? :wink:

raxafarian once bubbled...
didn't you like my 6 pictures
I knew I would be hearing from you on that....

OK... the deal is...see... I was lazy... and I only have a dialup modem... and it isn't connecting all that fast... and I hadn't looked at all your pictures - only the first one.... and it seem like silly was still questioning... so I just went out and did my dastardly deed and then posted the photo... I'm sorry... forgive me... please...

:D

UP and Rax,

Thanks for the pictures on the inflator hose. I have been doing it wrong since I got my BP/wings, and on my last dive I did pop the inflator hose off the power inflator just like you described. I wondered what had caused it until I read these post. By the way I am a newbie and have no problem dumping air out of my wing. I honestly don't remember haveing to add air or release air my last couple dives, but I am still getting used to the BP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom