First attempt at BP/wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are in a heads-up position and need to dump, by lifting the inflator/deflator slightly the air will actually siphon out of the wing.

Roak

Really...then how come I'd have to manually reach back, grab the wing and PRESS it around to make sure the air was coming out.

My friends with their traditional BC's dumped air 2x as fast and easier than I was - in ANY position with their BC's with multiple dump valves.

?

BP's and wings remind me of the old US Divers backpacks and harnessed they wore in the 70's. One has to wonder WHY they became extinct and the BC replaced this 'dinosaur'!

UP - go ahead, have fun with it....the simple fact is, I don't really care what YOU prefer of WHY you think a BP is best. What I care about it was I like to dive it - and thats all that REALLY counts here, isn't it?

Scuba446 once bubbled...
What I care about it was I like to dive it - and thats all that REALLY counts here, isn't it?

What you care about is all that counts here??

What about all the other people using bp's/wings that don't have the issue you seemed to have? We must all be wrong just because you had some type of problem using a short, bungeed inflator hose.

I can't even imagine what you are talking about ..."grabbing the wing to get the air out"????????????? Just like you can't imagine that we have no problems dumping air.

Post your point of view.... thats what these forums are all about. But remember, your's is not the only point of view.

Apparently, Bp's/wings aren't for you , for various reasons.... but others do NOT have the same problems you had...

What you think doesn't count here. What we think doesn't count here. What all of us thinks is what counts here.

Thats what I thought UP meant.

I'm guessing the larger tube up close the the inflator is to keep the bungee from sliding under the inflator hose snap. Is this correct?

Scuba446 -- I'll give them an honest eval this weekend and let you know what I think!

Scuba446,

Do you have any idea how ridiculous your comments sound based on your posting history? Was it not you in the not to distant past quoting DIR as though it were scripture, and proclaiming that a backplate and wings were the only solution? At this point how can you expect anyone to take anything you post seriously?

You should take some personal responsibility and be careful what you post. Some new divers, seeing that you have over 500 posts and are a Senior Member of the board, may mistakenly think you know what you’re talking about and take your advice!

Mike

Where are you headed for this tryout? Maybe one of the board members who has experience with a BP/Wings can meet you and answers any questions. We wouldn't want you to be swayed by a LDS or individual that has no experience with them.

MikeS wrote...
Scuba446,

Do you have any idea how ridiculous your comments sound based on your posting history? Was it not you in the not to distant past quoting DIR as though it were scripture, and proclaiming that a backplate and wings were the only solution? At this point how can you expect anyone to take anything you post seriously?
Reading this guy's posts - well, the ones he didn't take a scalpel to - is like watching one of those old cartoons where someone plays tennis against himself. :rolleyes:

Personally, I quit responding to him because I think he's a troll.

MikeS wrote...
You should take some personal responsibility and be careful what you post. Some new divers, seeing that you have over 500 posts and are a Senior Member of the board, my mistakenly think you know what you’re talking about and take your advice!
Mike
Amen to that. I'm somewhere between 150-200 backplate dives, and I've never had any problems dumping air. I can only imagine how many hundreds or thousands of similar dives other posters on this thread have had.

sillygrendel once bubbled...
Thats what I thought UP meant.

I'm guessing the larger tube up close the the inflator is to keep the bungee from sliding under the inflator hose snap. Is this correct?

Scuba446 -- I'll give them an honest eval this weekend and let you know what I think!

that just covers the tie wrap that holds the corrugated hose on.

Scuba446 once blathered...
Really...then how come I'd have to manually reach back, grab the wing and PRESS it around to make sure the air was coming out.
No telling, but given your MPD-like posts, we can all take a guess.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom