First Dive Computer

Which Dive Computer do you recommend?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Btw, where is the site that sells Puck for 110 EUR..?
PM sent. Its a direct email contact so I will not post on a public forum. I have no business or personal relationship with the supplier, apart from buying at very good prices.

---------- Post added April 17th, 2015 at 07:48 AM ----------

single button computers are a colossal pain to deal with btw, I would highly recommend against them.

I hear this all the time but don't hear the specific issue with the discussed computer.
I use the Puck and the only time I find the single button an issue is in the Dive Log, if you go past a dive you need to cycle through all the logged dives, or wait for it to time-out back to main screen. At worst 30 odd button presses. All the other functions as very straight forward.

If you look at the Zoop not only does it have multi buttons (and you need to remember which does what) it also has multi-button presses. I go on a lot of boats the biggest pain computers are the Zoops.

Just my 2cents :wink:

.....A Blue Mares Puck Pro will be good don't you think..? Since I have an all Blue accent on my other gear.. :D....
Selecting a dive computer by its color could be one way to go :rofl3:

But, as an alternative you might want to equip your virtual diver with several dive computers and take them for a spin in our eDiving Scuba Diving simulator so you can see them in action without getting wet :wink:

Thanks Tbar, will contact the man.. Will compare with local prices too..

I have eDiving installed a month ago but haven't got the chance to use it. Will do so now..

Once again, thank you for all your suggestion. :)

The Petrel gets a lot of love here on SB and very deservedly so, it's a fantastic unit. But a word of caution... if you decide to go that route then make sure you have a very firm understanding of what the settings mean and how any change can affect your dive schedule. It's very easy to have something switched on or off by accident and this can produce a very different outcome to how you're actually diving... which can be harmful. It's a very user-friendly interface and an extremely reliable and well designed computer, but be sure you know what you're doing with it before you take it on a dive.

I agree with the other posts that it's a good idea to consider a basic entry level computer for now with Nitrox and Gauge modes that has a user interface that make sense to you... and when you eventually decide to get into tech diving and have a better understanding of your needs, you can choose accordingly.

puck pro, the zoop shouldn't even be on your list due to lack of gauge mode. Check to see if they have the Smart on sale, it's worth a bit more if they have it. Otherwise the puck pro will make a good bottom timer when you get to tech diving.

the petrel is a bit overshooting, a bit like the OSTC. For the rest, I believe the best ones are made by scubapro/Uwatec.

puck pro, the zoop shouldn't even be on your list due to lack of gauge mode. Check to see if they have the Smart on sale, it's worth a bit more if they have it. Otherwise the puck pro will make a good bottom timer when you get to tech diving.
All Mares items are on sale for 40% so I believe the Smart will be too. Will ask about it tomorrow.

Might wanna get some Mares Fin too.. OOT, should I go for Avanti Quattro+, Excel+ or X-Stream..?

I tried writing Mares but they have not responded, it has only been 2 days though...but I read the issue with the Smart is that it only stores 8 dives so if you dive for a week it will not even store all of your dives. Does anyone have any info on this and if that is a fact?

---------- Post added April 17th, 2015 at 11:28 AM ----------

Where are all the Mares on sale for 40% which site?

All Mares items are on sale for 40% so I believe the Smart will be too. Will ask about it tomorrow.

Might wanna get some Mares Fin too.. OOT, should I go for Avanti Quattro+, Excel+ or X-Stream..?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom