First Dive Computer

Which Dive Computer do you recommend?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried writing Mares but they have not responded, it has only been 2 days though...

Good luck, its been well over two years for me with an open ticket.... They might have finally answered, but I really don't care anymore. No more Mares products for me. Shame too, the wife does enjoy her Puck...

I believe I've read it on some other thread, that Mares didn't handle Customer Service directly, you have to go to your local or National Distributor and they may or may not help you with your problems..

I asked a shop that sells them and they confirmed that it only stores 9 dives. So unless you have a lap top to download to a Mares smart will not even hold 5 days worth of diving. :(

What about the Mares Puck Pro.. Does it have the same limitation..?
Mares Puck Pro - Logbook memory: 35 hours of dive profile at 5-second sampling rate

Mares Puck Pro - Logbook memory: 35 hours of dive profile at 5-second sampling rate

Yes but the Smart says it has 36 hours of memory on their own website but still only logs 9 dives.

...... I'm planning to use this also for my Logging so it might not be a problem. ....
If you have a smartphone or a tablet you might want to consider our bluebuddy wireless datalogger

A computor that has only one button in order to navigate in the programs is a no-no for me. And I do not like RGBM. Normal, I have dived for years, like thousands and thousands of others divers with an Aladin Pro :)

A computor that has only one button in order to navigate in the programs is a no-no for me. And I do not like RGBM. Normal, I have dived for years, like thousands and thousands of others divers with an Aladin Pro :)

It would help if you would elaborate on the problems you see with one button, and particularly how this impacts the Puck.

Dive tables have been designed around the RGBM model. Is it RGBM that you see as an issue or problems with some dive computer implementation? Keen to understand and learn.

Most dive computers are dived by thousands of divers, that is a fact of global supply. What do you see the Aladin Pro provides that differentiates it from other computers?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom