First dive setup and techniques: advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to read that you are making progress... the Cineform AVI conversion/adjustment process is simple and well worth the effort. Then its just a matter of finding an editor to suit your taste, I tried several and PD11 was the most user friendly to me as a complete noob yet still has some powerful features. It exports into whatever format you choose effortlessly and with excellent results.

Yeah, PD11 not too hard, especially for basic stuff. Having used Premiere past couple days I can see just how powerful it can be but it has a hell of a learning curve. In time hopefully I'll be much more proficient and one day I may be able to crank out some nice videos like so many of the users here have created.

I've added a a set of small reference cards (white, gray, black) to my setup. Amazon.com: Optek Premium Reference White Balance Card - 3 Card Digital Color Correction Tool: Camera & Photo
Using these can simplify corrections from what I've gathered. I've noticed that apps like Vegas Pro have another adjustment called white balance in addition to color corrector. Some apps only have the white balance adjustment. Should we be adjusting both or stick with color corrector? Also, some tutorial video only set the neutral gray. This stuff gets real confusing but in the end all I want is a good looking video.

Here is a good video tutorial of what reference card color correcting....took me a while to find this.

Using a gray card in Vegas Pro - YouTube

Also, should WB on GoPro be set to Camera Raw?

Back
Top Bottom