First Dive shop in Antique?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uh....translation....anyone?

There's another dive resort in Anitque now. Call 33 321 1913, 917 305 0699, or 920 952 8669 and ask for Boy Saldana. Great rates. We met up with 10 other Pinoys there and did some dives with them. He's well set up now with showers, rooms with aircon, nice kitchen and great food, lots of tanks and compressor. Nogas Isle has really nice diving too with vibrant coral and tons of fish. Shallow as well as deep dives. Saw some monster giant trevallis, Nepoleon wrasse (30 kg) snappers and surgeon fish schools, fuseliers by the thousand...really nice. I"ve been diving there for over 15 years now and it seems there's now more fish than ever. Diving there AFTER Coron was no let down. It's really nice.
I'll post some pics when I get back to Belize. I'm stuck in Manila now for two more days...yuck, I hate cities....and will pass Honolulu for 5 days then home.

Awesome!! I love it....more dive ops in Antique! I kept saying it was going to take off and be the next "HOTSPOT"! Hurry up and post pictures.

The rates are taken temporarily but it is not a final price and discounts are always available.

i like discounts. :D. and 10% off is not considered a discount. :D

.....uh, Hank's is another business start-up south of us.....still not sure what the other post was all about.

:D I'll say it now -- 20% off for all SCUBABOARD MEMBERS (PM's are required to verify) at any Panay Explorers function or activity.

10%.....haha...what is that anyway? :coffee:

i like discounts. :D. and 10% off is not considered a discount. :D

my post is about my friend's new place. We'd been diving there since the early 90s and he bought some land. In the last year he's put in all the facilities. His family owns Isla Naburot on Guimaras Isle and this place in Antique has the same type of construction. It's made of wood from very old houses.
The diving is all around Nogas, a little island off the southwest tip of Panay, which kind of sticks out into the Sulu Sea, which is probably why it's a high energy spot with lots of fish. Lots of current in most spots but you can hide from it a bit if you want. Lot's of coral mounds all around starting at 18 meters down to 40 plus. We used to dive the back wall mostly but since then, Boy has found a lot of new sites using a fishfinder.
If Boy can't make it, Chris Ng, formerly of El Nido (he's from Iloilo) now works there so you'll have a good guide. The boatman knows the spots dead on. We never missed one even descending in stong currents.
Soon there'll be day trips out to Piedra Blanca, a kind of spooky spot but high energy. A very deep sea comes up to a shelf at 300 meters or so so there must be upwellings or something. Lot of fish. Unreal. I can't wait to come back again.

@HAnk,

is your post the translation of Antiquediver's post?

:D I'll say it now -- 20% off for all SCUBABOARD MEMBERS (PM's are required to verify) at any Panay Explorers function or activity.

hey babyd, how far away is your place from roxas city? if i land at roxas, can i take a trike down to your place?

i might have roxas on my marathon itinerary again next year :eyebrow:

Jag

ooops... wait..function or activity? does that include accommodation, diving, and food? :D

Back
Top Bottom