First Dive with C5050 & YS-90 AUTO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But first I had to click on the folder link once the page came up.

Nice turtle shots. The photos sure don't make the vis look only 8', that's for sure. That's not one of those snapping turtle species, is it?

I'm interested in how you fared with the DX-90Auto. Does it truly allow you to get good exposures by its aperture settings? Do you shoot in manual mode?

I'll try to put some of the other pics that show the green gunk and lighting conditions, so check back a little later for them.

I put the aperature on camera @ f/5.6
YS-90 AUTO on second flash to ignore pre-flash
YS-90 AUTO on f/5.6

Note the turtle's back is covered with slimy moss.
And he's sitting on a "MUD" Lake Bottom!
I considered myself very lucky that the pic came out as good as it did. I did do an auto-balance on pic.

Thanks for the response!

Very nice! Your sliders are alot friendlier than ours! :wink: Strobe exposure is really good. So...you have to change the aperture on the strobe every time you ange it on the camera....right?

Yes, It's similar to setting the strobe in manual mode but you don't have to guess what power level.

But, as you probably know nothing is guaranteed, even true TTL Flash control. Like my Mamiya 645 Pro TL, TTL does't always work flawlessly. However, I was very impressed with the results for my first dive with a new camera/flash. I'm looking forward to Florida and the carribean next month.

Sorry I didn't resond sooner, I couldn't get on scubaboard for some reason.

Thank You so Very Much for the compliments

Tom

Scurvy dog,

Have you ever been diving in Beaver Lake? Is Table Rock as clear? We go to Beaver alot in the summer, but Ive never made it to Table Rock.

Pics were great!

YES, I got my open water and advanced at Beaver Lake.
I think Beaver may be clearer, but they very with time of year, weather patterns, and particular dive site. The dive site that I was at just before the one when I took the pictures was noticeably clearer on the same day.

Tom

I just purchased Olympus 5050 Auto and would like to know which fiber optic sync cable you use with your YS-90 AUTO? Are you happy with it?

I hope to have the YS-90AUTO, PT-015, and a good arm (suggestions and experiences?) before spring arrives here in Florida.

Also, with the flash arm, do you have to add an additional weight to counter any positive buoyancy?

Cheers

Jim

Melbourne FL

When you order your strobe, you should also order the fiber optaic kit that goes with it. I have the YS90DX and love it.

Why have you decided on the 90AUTO?

Bouyancy of your rig depends on alot of things. You don't say WHICH tray and strobe arm you are using but as a general rule, you do NOT have to worry about positive bouyancy,

I just used my YS90 AUTO in the Bahamas this morning.
I love it!! As far as I know the AUTO does everything the DX Standard does Plus gives you the option of the auto feature.
Auto is not 100% anymore than the Non-Auto unit. AUTO purchase is a personal choice. It does cost more and many people get great results with manual settings. Hope this info is of some help.

Godd-Bye,
From the business center of the Grand Princess Cruise Liner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom