First Dives @ White Star--mini report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, now I know what a tunnel pass is. Again from the www.whitestarquary.com web page. BTW, the links to the PDFs appear to be broken on the web page.

The Crusher Pit and Tunnel at White Star Quarry
http://www.whitestarquarry.com/images/White_Star_Crusher.jpgThe Tunnel and Crusher Pit of White Star Quarry is one of the most unique underwater sites in any quarry in the area. This fantastic underwater room is a must see for people diving at White Star. The tunnel requires a permit that is available on weekends during the summer. The permit is free but requires that you are an advanced open water diver and able to prove it.
Steven Soyka of Misfit Divers sent us some very cool diagrams of the tunnel that he did as part of his divemaster mapping project. Big thank you to him for the use of his diagrams.

LOL! I was hunting down the info for you and you found it yourself.

BTW - Most of the links didn't work for me either. But if you click on the picture of the tunnel it will expand.

Paula

Yep, I saw that picture as well. The picture looks like a pretty good rendition of what's there. Overall I like the layout and the info on the site, it just needs a bit of minor tweaking to make sure all the links work.

Went by the crusher today, but I didn't go in, things were a bit busy down there at the time. It was a great day for diving, Whitestar wasn't all that busy, visibility was probably a good 30 to 40 feet.

If anyone can PM me and tell me how to make PDF's work I would appreciate it. I will get on it this weekend and see what I can accomplish... if anyone is going to be at White Star this weekend stop by and say HI. My wife and I (with a little help from our neice) will be chained to the Scuba Concession doing Air Fills.

Hope to see you

Rich

If anyone can PM me and tell me how to make PDF's work I would appreciate it. I will get on it this weekend and see what I can accomplish... if anyone is going to be at White Star this weekend stop by and say HI. My wife and I (with a little help from our neice) will be chained to the Scuba Concession doing Air Fills.

Hope to see you

Rich

I'll be there Sat and Sun. I know nothing about PDF's but, I'm bringing Twinkies. :D

Can't Wait to meet you.... stop by and say hi!

Rich

P.S. Twinkies Rock!

I'll be there Sat and Sun. I know nothing about PDF's but, I'm bringing Twinkies. :D

I'll be there both days as well.....

No worries, the "turtle dive" has already been completed, so have no fear:mooner:

Oh man, well if everyone else is doing...I may have to find myself out @ whitestar

Looks like I'll not be doing any divin' for the next couple weeks, busy schedule coupled with No Money (after having to replace my brakelines following a catastrophic failure![no one was hurt thank God!]) ...

So... no divin' for me for a bit anyways... prob for the best, think I'm getting over a lil' left ear infection anyways so stayin' out of the water is prob a good thing.

But I will be back!

:)

Back
Top Bottom