First doubles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just set up a pair to dive as well, the girlfriend bought me a manifold and bands for christmas. I used steel 100s though, usually dive dry. I loved them when I tried them out last week. Best part it is one more thing to play with and configure to get them set up just right. Have fun removin the shine.

I see you have the bolts for the bands going in opposite directions, i.e wing nut towards the diver on the lower, etc
I think if you look closely, you'll agree with me that it's just an illusion from the lighting, and there is a wingnut on the upper bolt as well.

Have fun with these! Getting trim squared away with doubles can be a bit of a project at first, but once you get used to the stability of them, you'll love diving them.

Congratulations SelkieDVM, those doubles look like they are needing to be wet!
You are going to wonder why you waited so long to set them up.
I just started with 95's this past summer and it has been unbelievable. A whole new dynamic has been added to my diving as it will for you.
I found that it was so easy compared to what I thought, it actually was easier for me.
In particular the D.I.R. philosophy has been really great to study! The hows and whys of rigging have made diving doubles simple as well as safe!
Best advice; "Welcome to the dark side, play by the rules!"
Take your time , the pool is a great place to start. Try out if possible different sizes of tanks, I was amazed at how once in the water tank size was of little significance. It is out of the water that bigger is much heavier!
I was really surprised and have hated diving singles ever since, sorry but it is the truth!
I still dive them while assisting OW training but when AOW starts so do the doubles.
It has been interesting to have opportunities to demonstrate the different gear configurations as well as explain why.
Enjoy the journey train well and safe!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I just set up a pair to dive as well, the girlfriend bought me a manifold and bands for christmas. I used steel 100s though, usually dive dry. I loved them when I tried them out last week. Best part it is one more thing to play with and configure to get them set up just right. Have fun removin the shine.

I also have a pair of HP100s and love them but didn't want to give them up for single tank diving at this point! So it was a choice betweein the nitrox neutral AL80s, or the regular air AL80s and get 02 cleaning, or buy new tanks. The regular 80s will still get some use for helping with classes and so forth, so there you go!:wink: Hope to get my drysuit this year so things might change.

Cheers,
Lilla

I switched to doubles a couple of months ago, 2x12 steel tanks (something like 2x98 HP or whatever).

On surface, I hate them. Heavy, annoying for longer walks, but manageable.

Underwater - I hate single tanks now. :D

Have fun. :D

My wife just got some AL80s for xmas too. Sorry the pic is on its side.

Back
Top Bottom