First Pair of Force Fins ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Slogger.

The problem I had was with the bungee straps. As I didn't feel the need to have them tight under the water to keep the fins on (the fins get forced onto your feet as you move) I had them a little bit too loose. If you have them normally tight they should be OK

Ronrosa

I did find small positioning adjustments a problem at first but once again it was just a matter of getting used to them.

I have the webbing straps on all my FFs and prefer them to the bungies because I can pull it nice and tight (but not uncomfortable) and it will not come loose until I want it to.

I wear the fins with the buckle and excess strap on the insides of my feet, that way for putting them on or taking them off, I just have to bend my knee and the buckle is right there facing me.

Stick with them, they rock!

Mark

MarkUK:
I have the webbing straps on all my FFs and prefer them to the bungies because I can pull it nice and tight (but not uncomfortable) and it will not come loose until I want it to.

I wear the fins with the buckle and excess strap on the insides of my feet, that way for putting them on or taking them off, I just have to bend my knee and the buckle is right there facing me.
========================================
Thanks ...that was my thought as well. I experimented with the buckles to the outside and then inside and I agree that they are easier to reach on the inside ...and then there is the loop and loose strap to grab when taking them off.

I'm gonna give these things a run for their money !!

'Slogger

I love mine. But they take a bit of getting used to. People seems to love them or hate them. Although I think most of those that hate them have never even tried them or did with an incorrect kick. The kick is a bit more from the knee and/or ankle rather than the hip. I have done about 275 dives with my Pro's and will continue to use them for a long time to come. I think the bungee option is also a good choice.

a regular buddy of mine uses them. At first he said he wasn't sure about them, he took them with him when we did a live aboard in Sea of Cortez and now he says he's going to keep them (even though we rib him about his elf shoes). The only problem he has had is at the end of the dive he has a real hard time getting them off his feet. They wedge on something horible, but its the same for me with my turtles getting stuck on my rock boots.

Back
Top Bottom