First pics with Canon A570IS (no strobe)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver85 --

The Canon website says that the effective focusing range on the A570 in macro mode is only 1.5 feet. Have you had any problems focusing shooting in macro mode?

Canon PowerShot A570 IS

don't think that's correct, don't have my manuel handy but I think it's about an inch or 2, maybe 5 cms??...I just took my camera out & on manuel focus took a clear shot about an inch or so away........here's a picture of a 3/8'' long juve
littlefish.jpg
nile puffer taken about 3 inches away last month......It's good till a couple inches anyway....

EDIT:...look @ this link, here I have a couple close ups of a seaweed, arrow, & saddle blenny, plus a shrimp, fire worm & nudibranch that were all shot within 4 or 5 inches........
GEAUXtiger/UW PS Pics - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What I mean to say is that the MAXIMUM focal distance is 1.5 feet. Do you leave it in macro mode even when shooting stuff further than 1.5 feet away?

What I mean to say is that the MAXIMUM focal distance is 1.5 feet. Do you leave it in macro mode even when shooting stuff further than 1.5 feet away?

absolutely.......I probably take over 80% of my shots in macro mode, even if it's farther than 3 feet......I just reviewed a card of shots & the macro icon was there almost all the time-- that's one of the good things about digital-- you can see what you just shot & make a change if necessary............check with alcina, she'll verify the macro, I think......

I keep my A720 in Macro all of the time except those times when I forget to check it at the start of the dive in which case I usually realize that I forgot to do it when I shoot my first macro shoot of the dive.

I do this based on multiple recommendations to do so on this board.

Rickg

Back
Top Bottom