First Reg. Atomic Z3 vs Sherwood SR2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The overall lack of info in the Sherwood had me pretty concerned about it anyways.

The older Sherwood lines (Brut, Magnum, Oasis, Blizzard, and Maximus) are dependable workhorse low to mid-range regulators that have been made for decades. The SR1 and the SR2 seem to be their problem children. Sherwood has little experience with balanced second stages because their older lines all use unbalanced downstream designs. In the past they purchased balanced second stages from Poseidon for their Ultima model.

Id love to hear the review specially in cold water because Atomic B2 is not a cold water regulator. I had to get rid of my Z2 as I got into cold water diving.

Well I'm not necessarily sure it's exactly "Cold Water" up here. I know Atomic recommends enviro sealing below 50 (Which I may very well have done) and so I was looking about the NOAA website to see what they have for average water temps on us. In May the average temps start to reach the high 40's/low 50's and keep rising all the way to mid 60's in Jul and Aug before droping back to into the low 50's in Nov, about when I plan to do my dive season cut off. So I should be more than fine.

I ended up ordering a Atomic B2 with a Z2 Octo from BeaverDivers! I'll be sure to post up a review once I get it in about 2 weeks. :D
Wow...your location says Massachusetts so I don't know how you found Casey with Beaver Divers in the Vail Valley of Colorado. But you could not have found a better dealer to do business with. A couple of years ago I purchased some ScubaPro MK25s and S600s from Casey and I could not have been any more pleased with the service from Casey.

I have both the B2 and Z2 regulators and they are just awesome...IMHO you did good...happy diving.

I have the Z2 with a swivel and an ST1 they breathe the same love both!! Wish I could afford the New Titanium for less weight when traveling!!

To all the folks who are suggesting Atomics, what is the coldest water that your Atomic regulators have been in? Any atomic model.

To all the folks who are suggesting Atomics, what is the coldest water that your Atomic regulators have been in? Any atomic model.

I have used mine at Point Lobos several times, 46F is what my log says. These were my unsealed Z2s. I think Atomic recommends sealing them at 10C (50F).

Had the exact question about a month ago. Solution.....I am now a proud owner of an AA Z3.

Back
Top Bottom