First Scuba Dive trip to Hawaii - Oahu? Big Island? Maui? - from June 26 to July 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you guys again for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll search a condo in Kihei then. Steve E and DiveMaven let me know your schedule for shore diving next week. We would LOVE to dive with you guys. I'll schedule with Ed Robinson 2 boat dives: diving to Molokini and South Maui as per DiveMaven's recommendation. The boat dives I'll try to schedule for June 27th and 28th (wed and thurs) so we can get the benefit of the jet lag. Let me know your plans for shore diving. Either june 28th in the afternoon or june 29th would work.

Hello,

Thanks to this post, very informative. I have a trip coming up from 9/1 to 9/14, and want to know if the recommendations will be different?

You could stay at our place in Wailea about a 3-5 min drive to the Kihei boat launch but we only have the first 4 nights of your trip available.

Marta & Stuart

Thank you guys again for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll search a condo in Kihei then. Steve E and DiveMaven let me know your schedule for shore diving next week. We would LOVE to dive with you guys. I'll schedule with Ed Robinson 2 boat dives: diving to Molokini and South Maui as per DiveMaven's recommendation. The boat dives I'll try to schedule for June 27th and 28th (wed and thurs) so we can get the benefit of the jet lag. Let me know your plans for shore diving. Either june 28th in the afternoon or june 29th would work.

---------- Post added ----------

Hello,

Thanks to this post, very informative. I have a trip coming up from 9/1 to 9/14, and want to know if the recommendations will be different?

Will be on Maui at that time if you want to hook up for some shore dives.

Stuart

Last edited:
Either june 28th in the afternoon or june 29th would work.

I should be able to meet up for a shore dive on June 29th in the morning. I prefer not to dive in the afternoon because of the surface chop from the trade winds. Steve E, are you available that day for Makena Landing?

Mckena landing on the 29th it is. How about 8 or 9 am ?. I also like early morning before the wind picks up, plus the vis is better. Let me know if this works.

Steve

I'm good for either 8 or 9.....are we planning 1 or 2 tanks? If we're thinking 2 tanks, 8am for sure. 1 tank, either 8 or 9 is fine. Will you have a dive flag?

Steve E and DiveMaven, 2 tanks at 8am at Makena Landing on June 29th. In this case, how do you guys do with the tanks? You bring the tank by yourself from the dive shop? :)
Also, at Makena Landing is there a specific place (point) that we should meet?
I just want to make sure I got all covered.
Can't wait to meet you guys!

Yes, you rent tanks from a local dive shop and bring them yourself. Don't forget weights too! Steve said he'd bring the flag (which is require by law).

If you pick up a free magazine at Maui Dive Shop when you arrive, you can find a picture and description of the site. You'll notice that there's one parking lot, which is where I figure we'll meet. Once we're all on island, we can communicate as to our rental cars, what we look like, real names, etc. so we know who to look for.

Great! I already found a condo and scheduled my dives with Ed Robinson. We'll dive on June 27th and 28th (wed and thurs) with them. And, already reserved 4 tanks for the shore dive with Steve E and DiveMaven. yaaayyyy!!! All good! See you in Maui!!! Can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom