First steps on the road . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats! My wife and I started Cavern/Intro to Cave last weekend and will be finishing up this weekend in the Florida caves. I'm certain we too will not be perfect Intro divers - far from it - but hopefully we will be good enough to be safe and continue the journey and learning.

I am usually to be found in and around cave country, FL. Up for some cave dives, pm me

Congratulations!! Welcome to your new addiction!

Wow, it would be fun to get a big Scubaboard group together for one or more days while we're there! I have really enjoyed meeting groups of people in Monterey and Los Angeles, and getting a chance to do that in cave country would be great.

Florida, the first few days of December. I'm going to dive with Rob and Jen, and Perrone, and maybe chickdiver. It'll be fun to see the difference in the caves.

Then probably not back to Mexico until April, and Cave 1.

Geeze... you guys are adventurous! Totally different in FLA. I'd be a bit nervous about that... having only dived the Yucatan.

Sounds like you will be in good hands... though. Well... watch out for that Rob guy. :)

Well, I'm all prepared for the embarrassment of not even getting INTO the caves there before passing sixths . . .

Clue: Don't worry about demonstrating perfect trim, kicks, arch, neutral bouyancy, etc. against high outflow. :wink:

Instead use pull and glide. Bottom or sides doesn't much matter - but performed correctly the technique offers a more efficient means of moving against the outflow than kick strokes!

Congrats on your training.

I'm hoping the locals who will be diving with us will give us some specific tips on getting in and out! One way or another, it will be fun.

I'm still kind of numb. After two years of planning this, I can't believe I actually did it.

Good Job & Congrats Lynne!

Did German show you & Peter how to do that one-handed tie-off wrap trick that he does?
(I never did figure it out. . .)

Well, I'm all prepared for the embarrassment of not even getting INTO the caves there before passing sixths . . .

Doing it right (no pun intended) you can make it to the Hill400 jump from the eye in Ginnie. Of course it takes a little practice and lots of 'funstration'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom