First-Time blending of my own Nitrox...Amateur Here...Looking for your Thoughts!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i beg to differ. My compressor paid for itself in the first year and a half, and at a cost of around $2.00 a fill vs $10.00 a fill it is still today an excellent investment. Let alone the fact that no one in my county offers nitrox. I would do it the same way all over again.

Glad it's worked out that way for you.

Compressor + Booster + Storage bottles + Filtration + Hardware + Mixing gas itself > $8/3L Oxygen fill & $15/3L 10/50 Diluent fill for me.

It'll never pay for itself, but it sure makes life easier. (I know that some evil shops charge $10/fill for gas, but that's insane.)

Seriously Doc don't make blanket statments about all compressors being ok to do whatever with. That's just flat irresponsible on a public forum like this. Even the Oxyhack book notes its an unknown risk.

I appreciate your sentiments, but you mis-read my statements. Try another look.

I did not say it was okay, I said that you are not a test pilot. If you do CB on a compressor, I guarantee that you are not the first person ever to do CB with a home compressor.

Sorry Maniago, I don't think I was very clear. I agree, filter should be on the output of the compressor, to rid the airstream of everything (residual moisture, oil/lubricant decomposition products, CO, CO2) just before it enters the SCUBA 1st stage regulator.

Your Rix SA-6 rebuild thread is fascinating.... and how dare you say home machinists don't care about diving!!!

: )

Anyone know where I can get a "V-type PTO shaft" coupler?? Apparently the little Honda has a V-type tapered shaft.

I'm hitting up a small engine repair shop tomorrow, maybe they have something. This would be a real bitch of a part to turn down in a lathe.

IMG_6468.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom