First time but not a virgin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cebu Pacific has direct flight from Dubai to MNL.
My Filipino friends who have used this flight BYO food and drink usually from Dubai airport, even they feel ripped off by the airline when purchasing food onboard.

El Galleon
I just got back from PG, I was there 3 weeks and stayed half the time at Mermaid and half at a house owned by the same guy who owns El Galleon. I wish I stayed at Mermaid for the whole time, you can't beat the location, great rooms and restaurant and they're awesome to dive with. Check them out...

My Filipino friends who have used this flight BYO food and drink usually from Dubai airport, even they feel ripped off by the airline when purchasing food onboard.
The fare is usually the lowest so that is the compensation. As for the drink and food for an 8+hrs flight? There all ways to get around of it inexpensively.
I did it once from MNL to SYD, eat well before the flight and pre order the water/food.

I just got back from PG, I was there 3 weeks and stayed half the time at Mermaid and half at a house owned by the same guy who owns El Galleon. I wish I stayed at Mermaid for the whole time, you can't beat the location, great rooms and restaurant and they're awesome to dive with. Check them out...
Mermaid resort is at the busiest road junction in Sabang. And the dive shop is about 200m away. I have never stayed there before but had stayed at Tropicana(opposite to Mermaid) once and the traffic noise was quite bad in the morning.

Do you know, if I had brains I would be dangerous....

Check calendar, saw long weekend away with 20 odd friends for one's significant birthday.....across the late May bank holiday weekend (26th May to 29th May).. Or when I was trying to sort flights and go.

Is Subic/PG still okay in early June?

Do you know, if I had brains I would be dangerous....

Check calendar, saw long weekend away with 20 odd friends for one's significant birthday.....across the late May bank holiday weekend (26th May to 29th May).. Or when I was trying to sort flights and go.

Is Subic/PG still okay in early June?
I cannot promise the weather in Philippines.
June is usually a bit early for typhoon but......it will be hot at least.
I was in a pool front room so one story below street level, there was no traffic noise at all. And 200m to the dive shop is nothing, literally a 3min stroll.
Not all the rooms are the same.
Some divers hate the idea of walking between places after a dive. Some divers will jump into the pool to rinse off the sea water and have a social chat with others etc etc. On several occasions I have seen female divers covering their faces and rushed back to their rooms!!!!
10 min walk is not a problem for me but others might not agree.

Back
Top Bottom