First Time To Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DenverBen

New
Reaction score
I have just decided to book a trip to Belize, looking for some guidance as to where I should go. I want to pack in as much as I can in the 5 days I will be there. Looking for something not too remote so I can experience some night life.

Any recommendations on where to stay/dive? I have no idea what I am doing, just know I want to dive in Belize.

Thanks!

Ben

Generically there are three areas you can choose from, but in five days you won't have time to mix 'n match. The northern cayes mainly comprise Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker, and from these you can also dive Lighthouse (Blue Hole) and Turneffe (Elbow) Atolls. The south centers around Placencia and Hopkins, which is where you leave from for whale shark viewing at Gladden Spit and diving at Glover's Atoll. Then you can also stay on any of the three atolls and dive from there. There are of course other smaller areas but these are the main ones.

The best way to decide which area to go for is to study these pages and those of Belize Vacations, Maps, Real Estate, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Tours. Post again when you have some idea what you want to do.

Decided on staying in San Pedro, and instead of 5 days it will be 10. Looks like Protech will be my dive shop, any recommendations on places to stay in San Pedro?

Welcome to the Board DB,

There are lots of places on Ambergris. Visit Belize Lodging Guide, Resorts, Hotels, Accommodations, Reservations, Rooms in Belize for all of your options. We just returned from Ambergris, staying for our second time at Paradise Villas. Booked through Nellies Properties (Nellie Gomez Property Management, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize). If you are looking for moderately priced condos, with kitchens and a fantastic pool, then I'd stongly suggest sending her an email to see what she's got for vacancies. If you're just looking for a hotel room with a nice pool, the Sunbreeze SunBreeze Hotel, Ambergris Caye, Belize is nice. Both are close to all the food and nightlight of town and are a short walk to Protech. There are certainly both fancier as well as simpler options too, depending on your budget and what you are looking for. When are you looking at traveling? :42: Ken

PM sent

Paradise Villas looks like a winner, just emailed Nellie for availablity. I will be visiting April 2-11, can't wait!

Thanks for the information,

Ben

If Nellie has availability, here's the rundown on 3 or her units.

On our last trip we had the fortune.....or misfortune of moving 3 times during our stay. I guess its what we get for making Very Last Minute reservatons. The nice thing was that we got to see 3 different of Nellies Units.

We have stayed in Units 12B, 19A, 19B. 12B was a bit farther back from the beach and pool, but that isn't really a problem. It's a one bedroom upstairs unit. It had a queen bed in the bedroom and 2 twin beds in the living area. It did have a nice outside balcony but seemed a bit smaller inside with the 2 beds so close. We also felt like the kitchen wasn't quite as well equipped as the other units. The benefit: Cheaper!

19B is an upstairs 2 bedroom unit. Unfortunatly no balcony. The second bedroom has shutters that can be opened into the general living area. Queen bed was comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped. 2nd bedroom behind the shutters had 2 twin beds. The con: More expensive

19A is a downstairs one bedroom with a patio. Main queen bed is comfortable, but the only other sleeping capacity is a Very uncomfortable pull-out sofa. Fine for a child that doesn't know better but wouldn't want to sleep on it as an adult. Probably the best room for just 2 people or 2 with a small child. Our 7yr old didn't mind the couch at all! Nicely equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar and table.

If Nellie doesn't have any availability, our backup 2nd choice for our last trip was Royal Palm Villas. Here's a websit for a unit available to rent from a gentleman in Canada. Royal Palm Condos at San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize

Mary Hitchcock is his property manager and responds pretty quickly via email. We havn't actually stayed in the units yet but are thinking about it for the next trip down. The units are a bit farther South, but its pretty easy to rent a golf cart to get around. Protech will pick you up at their dock. If you're interested, Her email address is: m_mrentals@hotmail.com Ken :42:

Yakivet, thanks for the posts and links.

I am starting to do my research on an a trip to Belize as well and they have been helpful.

PH

Yakivet, thanks for the posts and links.

I am starting to do my research on an a trip to Belize as well and they have been helpful.

PH

My Pleasure. Let me know if I can be of any further help. :42:

Back
Top Bottom