First time using Canon A570IS in Grand Turk and Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeurosurgeryNP

Registered
Reaction score
Kodakgallery.com Slideshow

Here is a link to the photos I took on my recent trip. My favorite shot was the turtle. The second day in the Bahamas was tough as I had problems with bouyancy control (wound up with 9 pounds mroe weight than the day before, same wetsuit) - weird. Also found out that I lost the camera weights off of the case sometime after giant striding into the water. So, my camera was up around my and head the whole dive. I gave it a try anyway. Some of the phots have been auto color corrected as they came out a bit dark without a strobe. Hope you enjoy them.

Here is one of the sea turtles I took a picture of.

Attachments

• Grand Turk Turtle resized image.jpg
    Grand Turk Turtle resized image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 67
I like your turtle - he looks so lazy I'm surprised he doesn't fall out of the water column!

Great that you had a good time with your new toy!

You'll get more comments and looks if you put more images in your post rather than just a link - lots of ppl (me included quite often) won't/can't click a link and miss out! If you look in the Sticky (pink link) you'll find a few different ways to embed images into your posts, too.

a Couple of more shots.

Attachments

• Grand Turk coral resized.jpg
    Grand Turk coral resized.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Grand Turk Coral 2 resized.jpg
    Grand Turk Coral 2 resized.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Grand Turk Coral resize 4.jpg
    Grand Turk Coral resize 4.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Grand Turk Coral resized 3.jpg
    Grand Turk Coral resized 3.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 29
I like your turtle - he looks so lazy I'm surprised he doesn't fall out of the water column!

Great that you had a good time with your new toy!

You'll get more comments and looks if you put more images in your post rather than just a link - lots of ppl (me included quite often) won't/can't click a link and miss out! If you look in the Sticky (pink link) you'll find a few different ways to embed images into your posts, too.

Yesh - I just figured this out. Thanks, Jen

Another shot

Attachments

• Grand Turk Brain coral resized.jpg
    Grand Turk Brain coral resized.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 35
Kodakgallery.com*Slideshow

Here is a link to the photos I took on my recent trip. My favorite shot was the turtle. The second day in the Bahamas was tough as I had problems with bouyancy control (wound up with 9 pounds mroe weight than the day before, same wetsuit) - weird. Also found out that I lost the camera weights off of the case sometime after giant striding into the water. So, my camera was up around my and head the whole dive. I gave it a try anyway. Some of the phots have been auto color corrected as they came out a bit dark without a strobe. Hope you enjoy them.

Maybe we can help---what settings were you using, some look a little grainy, guessing you were using to high an ISO??......Also, I really enjoy my setup with no weights(+ bouyant), I always know where my camera is , lol......

& like alcina said, good pics of the turtle......Why don't you review your settings for us & get back......

Actually, a lot of the pics came out dark and with the auto correction on photo shop elements, this is how they came out. SOme were so dark, you couldn't see barely even a shadow on the image. I am a novice diver so I went out with some basic settings recommended by ALcina, and didn't really get a chance to change them during the dives at the risk of being distracted. Some of the pics I took were also on other settings that were accidentally changed and when I found out I wasn't seeing much on the LCD, I figured out that I had hit the buttons and changed the settings back. In general ISO 100, 1/125 and f 5.6, cloudy white balance (I forgot to bring my slate on the dive and didn't have a lot of sand to shoot onto to do manual wb). In reality, I knew that I would not get any spectactular shots, I wanted to get some snapshots.

Got you..........try using the lowest ISO(80), f-stop @ about 4, macro all the time, flash on, & use the UW(fish icon) instead of evaluating white balance....should come out with some good ones....

EDIT:...use above in Av mode......

Just curious but since your not shooting anything unusual and your not using and external strobe then why not just set the camera to the Auto or Av? I have been shooting mine in Av, external strobe on or off, I get decent exposures. I only switch to manual when I am trying to compensate for something I don't think the camera is accounting for in the way I want it to and in that case I am using an external Sekonic to provide exposure guidence. Setting an expousre in manual like " In general ISO 100, 1/125 and f 5.6" will result in mostly underexposed shots.

N

Back
Top Bottom