First trip to the Philippines: Donsol/Anilao/Puerto Galera.. What are your thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should also contact Frontier Scuba, Sea Rider and South Sea for a quote. None of these three places offer accommodation of their own but they have been around long enough eg. South Sea since 1984!!!! They can find something suitable for you to stay without burning a hole in your pocket.

If you're still looking for places to stay, there are tons in Sabang, but I'm most familiar with and can vouch for Scandi Divers/Campbell's Beach Resort on Big La Laguna. Campbell's has private airport transport as well.

Thanks for everyone's responses.. incredibly helpful!

I've decided to skip Anilao and head straight to Sabang/Puerto Galera as reccomended by many. I'll book a couple of nights accommodation first and wing it from there.. I'll hopefully be able to write up a quick trip report of both Donsol And Sabang/Puerto Galera to share and assist other first time Philippine divers!

I think you will do well with Sabang. I am going to use Frontier Scuba on my upcoming trip, as they have been solidly recommended to me. They are right next door to Angelyn's resort, and have set up a package for me with diving (nitrox), room, breakfast and lunch at a neighboring restaurant, and a couple of night dives. What more could you want? This leaves us free to partake of any of those umpteen restaurants around Sabang for dinner. Looks like a delightful time coming up, and I'm sure you will find it so for yourself also. I wish you all the best, and let us know how it went. Woody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom