Fitness Members only : Weekly Journal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missed last nights exercise due to a few other occurances - so will make up for that tonight. Thinking i might skip on diving this weekend and get out in the kayak - a few intense hours of that should burn some calories and trim off those love handles!

Had homemade soup last night, so fairly healthy even if i didnt exercise. So far this week only about 120mins of cardio and one weight training session (46,000#), should hit another weight training session tonight and maybe a little more cardio - will report back on monday and report on the weight loss (hopefully) on next week's thread!

Hope everyone is starting out on the right foot today! BTW, my wife, who loves to lurk but is shy about posting, told me I should provide an explanation as to what one of the things that is part of my diet is. So here goes:

Secretagogue: http://www.advice-hgh.com/amino.html

I start the day with a glass of secretagogue and I have one about mid-day - both times with a vitamin.
Change to my lunch today - I decided to treat myself and have jambalaya :)

Well...I've managed to make it this far without cracking into a can of Dew...

I was able to cut back on the amount of grub I chow down on at lunch this week...

And since it's been so nice out, the wife and I have been taking the kids outside for walks and play time at the park.

Tomorrow I plan on working outside around the house to get things shaped up for landscaping and what not....and cleaning off the dive gear for next weekend.

OK- I'm a slacker- I posted this int he other thread, but here it is again:wink:.

Cardio- 200 minutes total for the week RPE 3-4
4 strength training sessions

Teaching cavern tomorrow- which is an endurance event (5 or more hours in a drysuit, plus 6 dives)..... Sunday... either diving and driving or just vegging on the couch if I decide to come home Sat. night.

Y'all enjoy the weekend :)

Cant i just run out of work and go workout??? I have so much more energy in the middle of the day than early (when i prefer to stay in bed) and at night (after the day at work). Oh well, will continue to consider what is feasible for tonight's workout. Need some Orlando folks to come out and get fit - i am sure that is the same for all of you in your respective areas!

simbrooks - I do it.. course the gym is right across the lake here. I'll go hit a cardio or strength work out for a long lunch about 11am.

weigh-in just now was 201.5, which is 3.5 lbs lower than the 205 on monday night.

had the usual coffee and pho at work today. came home and pigged out on spaghetti. i really needed a good solid kick of carbs to deal with the frustration from work today -- spent 2.5hrs in meetings that i didn't want to be in...

don't think that i've got any diving planned for this weekend. hopefully i'll be able to get some unpacking and shopping done...

I had such a long and busy day yesterday, I did not get home from work until 10:30pm and was exhausted. I took an hour to unwind and get in bed. Because of that I did not post my journal here, but thanks to my handy WW Flex calculator I did keep up with my points there. All things considered I did well. Having worked 14 1/2 hours doing acute dialysis patients is a very stressful and exhausting day. It can also be a very frustrating one, when dealing with a certain physician that thinks we are all supernurse and never need to eat, drink, pee, or go home and sleep. He just keeps sending patients to us to treat reagardless of the hours we have worked, and will with a smile say "I don't know of anyone else yet" as he walks out the door to go home. Then what really burns me is when we need to contact him at 9:30pm he does not return his page, because he is a dinner! GRRRRRR!

Guess you can tell I am still wound up over my work day! Time to let go of it though and get going for today.

Hope everyone has a good day. I will journal later about today.

P. S. Joe, good luck on doing WW on your own, I have tried that as well as by just using their online program. I have not succeeded well there. It seems I need to go and stand on a scale in front of someone to really make it happen. I have a great digital scale, from Walmart. It has a large LCD screen that I can see well, too well sometimes. It reads in decimals too. I do like it and am glad to have it.

I am following a simple plan. The conventional wisdom is "diets do not work", lifestyle changes do. So I am eating as I normally would only no seconds, smaller portions and no junk food snacking in between. Plus plenty of water.

A typical day:

apple and bannana for breakfast
smalll bowl of pasta and a few crackers for lunch
a salad and a few burritos for dinner

started back on my weight lifting , using dumb bells and working the upper body 3 days a week, then some stretching.

Running three days a week, about three miles now and will add about 1/4 mile week and get up to four. Note, I have been running for a long time to build the distance, you must work up slowly.

Am going for walks when time permits.

Mike

Well i snuck in a weigh in this morning when at the gym, it said 237#, but i reckon it was 235# due to 2 pints of water (2#) that i had drunk during the workout. I will still weigh in on tuesday to get the week's total though for the benefit of the pound counting! Only did 2 of my 3 sets, so only 31,000# total and then a 30 mins bike ride. Eating moderately healthy still, had a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich last night on the way home from work, but just the sandwich, no meal deal!

Tonight hopefully some swimming for a mile or so, might spend a little longer and practice some freediving stuff too - cant hurt. Was thinking of going kayaking today, but as my GF is away, i forgot to get the roofrack out of her storage area - opps, will just work out in other ways i guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom