fixing BC dump valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Their price is too high for my taste. If the Halcyon valve is screwed in and not glued in, the fix should be simple and reasonable with parts from DGE.

i agree. the last 2 months, i actually started a DIY project to get it fixed. Most of the solutions available on the market are either way too expensive or is made of the similar material which will degrade over time again. Thank godness for a group of likeminded friends, we actually crafted something out of delrin - now is to the testing board , although we are very sure it works since there are similar products out there already.

if anyone has a similar problem, do a shoutout !

Please post a photo when available
i agree. the last 2 months, i actually started a DIY project to get it fixed. Most of the solutions available on the market are either way too expensive or is made of the similar material which will degrade over time again. Thank godness for a group of likeminded friends, we actually crafted something out of delrin - now is to the testing board , although we are very sure it works since there are similar products out there already.

Why not join us in the DIY forum Do It Yourself - DIY and please bring plenty of pictures.

Why not join us in the DIY forum Do It Yourself - DIY and please bring plenty of pictures.

definitely ! this is the first prototype - we actually have it down to about $20 a piece for delrin - could be way lower if we were doing it mass production.

we are going to set up a simple free blog and then post pics and cross link it here, so that everyone can see it for themselves

Was this repair kit ever completed?

Back
Top Bottom