FL Keys Trip Report 2011 04 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!:) Molasses was one of my favorite sites when I visited the keys. I still get a kick out of you getting cold in that 7mm wetsuit; in the Keys yet. I used a 3mm but that was just for buoyancy. :D

Reactions: Jax
The Benwood, French Reef Coral Caves, and Molasses Reef Sand Island.

Jimi -- it was only 81o!!! :shocked2:

:giggle:

Attachments

• Key Largo - Benwood (10) Crab.jpg
    Key Largo - Benwood (10) Crab.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Key Largo - Benwood (22) Lunch.jpg
    Key Largo - Benwood (22) Lunch.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Key Largo - French Reef Coral Caves (13) Brain C.jpg
    Key Largo - French Reef Coral Caves (13) Brain C.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Key Largo - French Reef Coral Caves (33) Trunk F.jpg
    Key Largo - French Reef Coral Caves (33) Trunk F.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Key Largo - Benwood (33) Vis.jpg
    Key Largo - Benwood (33) Vis.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 32
Nice trip report. Thanks for sharing!

We were lucky enough to dive with this shop on our Keys trip in March. The ocean pointe suites actually worked really well for our family of four. We were down for 4 1/2 days, and dove 4 of them :D. The nondiving husband enjoyed the amenities of the condos.

Reactions: Jax
For lodging in Key West, we stayed at the Key West Naval Air Station lodging at Trumbell Point. If you have any kind of military affiliation (DoD civilian included), you can stay in lodging. There are several places; some have been recently renovated and some are in the process. The room in the Trumbell Point lodging was small and older but for $55 a night, 1/4 mi from downtown, you can't beat it. There are several lodging places, if you want to walk to downtown, make sure you are on Trumbell Point. You need just a rental agreement and a mil ID to get through the gate.

Thanks for that bit of info. The husband is DoD and we expect PCS back stateside to GA this summer and definately plan on FL being the majority of our diving. Didn't realize Navy had lodging down that way...that'll make life alot easier :D

thnx for posting

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom