Fla- Devils Den/Rainbow River/Blue Grotto ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the Ginnie springs suggestion,Blue Grotto seems pricey for whats there.40.00 to dive,and 30 minutes is about all I need.Devils den is unique and worth diving at least once.Rainbow river is a boat dive,putting in at kelly park or RR campground.And you can see most of it with just a mask and snorkel.The spring head is off limits to scuba.Paradise spring is a good dive,well worth the juke to Ocala.Its an angled cavern with a permanant line for reference,but vis is usually good.I think except for Blue Grotto the others are around 30.00 each to dive.Rainbow maybe 6.00 for launch fee.Not sure about motels because Im fairly local.Have fun!!!!

If you're in the area (ponce Deleon) Vortex spring makes devils den and rainbow river look weak by comparison. Ginny isn't worth squat if you're not cave certified, you'd be wasting money.

i like ginnie springs... to me, diving is diving... i cant take it for granted.

A W E S O M E trip!
I am now one of many certified divers! Ya ----hooooo! I made it. Both Devils Den and Rainbow River are glorious acts of nature transforming before your eyes. being a new diver it would be hard for me to chose one over the other. Had a great time- if you haven't been and get the chance these are both two spots that should be on your to do list. !! ThankS!!!

TeamWaldenDiving:
If you're in the area (ponce Deleon) Vortex spring makes devils den and rainbow river look weak by comparison. Ginny isn't worth squat if you're not cave certified, you'd be wasting money.

Now them's fighting words !!!
What's wrong with the ballroom at Ginnie ? (for heavens sake)
That's Open Water diving permitted...lights too...

Gads...

And no one mentions Paradise either...That's a very nice place too...

Da Beano

P.S. Opps , I forgot ... me bad ... Cave Diving is only for Big Boys (sigh) ...

And I might know of some places that would put Vortex to shame...Each is in the eyes of the beholder you know.
I'll be quiet now...That's enought trouble out of me for one day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom