Flectalon???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northern Diver makes the Flectalon, it's a coarse fiberous insulation whose fibers are very stiff, making for good loft & compression resistance.
The inside of their undies are lined with a light fleece, stretch panels at armpits & mesh at the wrist cuffs.
It's some pretty decent stuff, too bad the company is so dang unresponsive.
I used to be a dealer for them but gave up because of their inability to communicate.
You'll want the 300 weight for where you're at.
I still have a few sets of the stuff around if you're interested.

Does anyone know the temperatures for which the 100, 200 and 300 are recommended?

Hello Redshift, once again

Has I've said to you before , I bought with my ND Trilam Cortex, the 100. I usually dive near Lisboa. Last weekend, as you now, the weather was very bad, and water temp. cold. I feel OK with the 100, but I saw a guy, in Portinho da Arrábida,using a 200.
Wiht my wet suit , 5mm, I always get very cold. Summer or winter.
I don't have too much body fat, 45kg. So, I think that depends on your body capacity to mantain the temp.
My problem now, is really, the amount of air that I' m putting inside the suit. Let's how goes next 3 day weekend.

Cheers
Constança

I bought the flectalon 300 when I got my dry suit (Dive rite 905, shell suit) and have done 2 dives in 7 degree Celsius water. No problem at all. When I tried out the suit I had a Weasle extreme+, about the same temperature in the water. I can't say one is warmer than the other. Maybe when the water gets around 0 degrees Celsius.

Thx eod. My problem was if the 300 was going to bem too much. I've only dived with water at 9ºC. How long were your dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom