Flopping inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just put two hoses into the bungee. I also used the inner tube for the nice trim. But, since I use the rear valve to control the buoyance, the routing issue doesn't bother me at all.

It has a pull dump. No need to lift the hose up. Just pull. No gymnastics necessary.

Also, like Kidspot, I use the rear dump. That was with my rec wing. I just got a venture wing, but it should all be the same.

I just let the bungee loop hang free on the harness strap; the D ring keeps it from falling down to the bottom of the strap. I put both the corrugated and LP hose through it. Usually it stays down near the inflator keeping everything more or less in place, but if I want to raise the inflator, I just slide the bungee along the strap up to my shoulder, which allows the inflator hose to be raised without any problem. Seems to work so far, but maybe I'm not thinking about something.

I used a bungie on the left D-Ring as well.. The bungee came from my wife.. Black w/ no metal used for her hair.. Perfect size, stretches far enough to deflate when necessary.

Thanks for the ideas.

On my old BC the rear dump valve did just that - real fast..... This one might be slower so I will give it a try.

I do not have (or want) a pull valve at the shoulder so that is not an option.

I will fiddle with some bungee setups and report back.

Grajan:
I have always been puzzled by this configuration. One of the reasons I went to a BP / wing was that I was sick of having to go vertical to vent my BC. With an unconstrained inflator hose on my Pioneer I can lift the hose behind my shoulder and completely vent the BC from the horizontal position - love it.
Not so puzzling if you learn to use the rear dump to vent the wing (BC) while horizontal. But to be able to use it, you must be at least horizontal. If your trim is even a little bit "head-up" the rear dump won't dump :wink:

But even if you want to use the inflator hose to dump, you don't need to go completely vertical.... just tilted head-up enough so the dump valve is the highest point. This tilt angle should be enough that you can stretch the bungie enough to be able to dump gas.... yes I've tried it and yes, it works.... you don't need to have the valve a foot above your head ~ you just need it to be the highest point :wink:

Thanks to all for the quick and informative feedback, and to Snowbear for the picture!

It seems that in Snowbear's configuration, only the pull dump will work well, or the rear dump when horizontal. I think I'll configure it so that the inflator can be pulled out of the bungie if needed, or use a bungie long and stretchy enough to lift the inflator above the rest of the wing.

I use a bungie in the shoulder Dring, and thread both hoses through it, then a piece of surgical tubing keeps the inflator neatly at the sternum ring, if I need to use the inflator to dump, just pull it free from the surgical tubing and use it.

I normaly use either the left or right side pull dump shoulder valves to dump the air, rarely I use the rear dump valve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom