Florida diving - Jupiter/High Springs questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will only have to rent for the Jupiter dives, Disney give you a 2.5mm shorty. BTW i hope you got the later dive as it is usually longer.

Derek S:
Good to know, I'll inform the wife, I'm sure we'll love it! Thanks!

I may just have to find my way over to EPCOT on Saturday and watch you dive. I was thinking about going anyway for the food and wine festival.

If you guys want to go eat dinner or something, shoot me an e-mail and I can swing by the hotel and say hi.

Blue Springs is ~1 hour from Orlando. Strong flow, OW depths up to 60-65'. Alexander Springs is probably 1 1/2 hours from Orlando, depths to 25', more area in the boil to explore. More fish, turtles likely. Both of these springs are open at present.

scubafool:
Blue Springs is ~1 hour from Orlando. Strong flow, OW depths up to 60-65'. Alexander Springs is probably 1 1/2 hours from Orlando, depths to 25', more area in the boil to explore. More fish, turtles likely. Both of these springs are open at present.
Sounds great, but unfortunately, I don't have a buddy to go with me, and I don't dive solo. I think I'm going to contact Jupiter Dive Charters to see what they have going on.

Wendy:
I may just have to find my way over to EPCOT on Saturday and watch you dive. I was thinking about going anyway for the food and wine festival.
Sure, if you want a good laugh, come by and see me fumbling around in Disney's aquarium. This stinks. I'm getting comfortable in my Halcyon BP/W, and now they're going to throw me into a stab rental combo. :(

Wendy:
If you guys want to go eat dinner or something, shoot me an e-mail and I can swing by the hotel and say hi.
Sounds like a plan. I'll shoot you an e-mail here shortly.

Derek S:
Sure, if you want a good laugh, come by and see me fumbling around in Disney's aquarium. This stinks. I'm getting comfortable in my Halcyon BP/W, and now they're going to throw me into a stab rental combo. :(

Sounds like a plan. I'll shoot you an e-mail here shortly.
what's worse that them sticking you in a stab jacket, is that you will be in split fins and only one reg, no back up reg. That's why I don't get a part time job there, I don't want to be in that gear.

I was thinking of going to EPCOT on Saturday. Let me know what time your turn in the tank is and I can take digital pics of you, and a pic of you while you are diving with your wife standing watching you. That would be cool.

Derek S:
they're going to throw me into a stab rental combo. :(
They overweight you too, i was wearing 14# for a 2.5mm suit!! They automatically put in so much weight depending on the size of BC, nothing allowed to change.

Dont know if anyone is up for diving either of those two closer springs, the state park (Blue Spring) wont let you in without a buddy, Alexander will - its stupidly shallow, in fact your wife can always snorkel with you, or leave your dive gear at home and just bring that stuff?

Wendy:
what's worse that them sticking you in a stab jacket, is that you will be in split fins and only one reg, no back up reg. That's why I don't get a part time job there, I don't want to be in that gear.

I was thinking of going to EPCOT on Saturday. Let me know what time your turn in the tank is and I can take digital pics of you, and a pic of you while you are diving with your wife standing watching you. That would be cool.
No backup reg? Uggh...Probably an AIR 2, right?

It may be ugly....new diver....unfamiliar gear....unfamiliar atmosphere....I hope I don't thrash around too bad. :wink:

It'll just make me appreciate the BP/W that much more. :D
PM sent regarding times, ect.

simbrooks:
They overweight you too, i was wearing 14# for a 2.5mm suit!! They automatically put in so much weight depending on the size of BC, nothing allowed to change.

Dont know if anyone is up for diving either of those two closer springs, the state park (Blue Spring) wont let you in without a buddy, Alexander will - its stupidly shallow, in fact your wife can always snorkel with you, or leave your dive gear at home and just bring that stuff?
That stinks. Oh well, Wendy can get some great action shots of me sinking to the bottom of "Lake Disney". :D

I don't dive without a buddy, even if it were only 10ft deep. Just a personal preference. Wife is deathly afraid of the water, I doubt I could even talk to her about snorkeling.

I can't leave my stuff at home. I am coming to FL to dive in the ocean, Disney is just a diversion to keep the wife happy. If it were up to me, we'd be going to the Keys instead for the week.

Derek S:
No backup reg? Uggh...Probably an AIR 2, right?
Actually no, they have "support" DM's hanging around that have regs with octo's, of course you are only in 25-30ft of water, so an ESA is not impossible.

I hope you will enjoy it, just put the idea of the gear behind you, its all about the fish in the tank and being in the fish tank beind watched by/playing with those outside.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom