Florida to Bahamas liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nekton is in the Bahamas around April - Sept. with several itineraries leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Sales plug - our store has 20 spaces Aug 2-9 on the Rorqual leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and going on the Medio Reef itinerary. PM for more info if interested in coming with us.

Here is the website. Nekton Diving Cruises - Comfort, Stability, Worldclass Diving

I would be interested in any information / trip reports / recommendations / tips from those who dove with Nekton.

Nice looking boats, by the way.

:D

As an active member of the dive community and an employee of a local dive shop, I have used JASA many times in the past with outstanding success. Divers I book on the Deep Obsession are always happy with the level of service and the knowledgeable demeanor of the crew and captains. All drops are right-on and success is regular. The most commonly heard complaint is the drops on popular southern reefs. I have dove with most, but not all dive operations, and JASA is favorite for the same reasons as the divers I book. I lead a group from the shop to Shark Canyon and Midreef on Saturday with JASA with outstanding success; Hogfish and Lobster

I do not agree with shark tourism as a whole, though the argument of education is strong. From dive operator I have talked to, the idea of education seems to be a driving force behind shark orientated drops. As a spearfisherman, I see sharks as predators who are just as hungry as me. If there were fish baiting me with hogfish, I would go for it too. The bottom line is you can’t blame the sharks.

I have disagreed with posting of lemon shark aggregations locations for reasons other then scientific reasons; this seems to encourage shark tourism.

I am interested to hear other opinions on shark tourism… maybe a separate forum?

that boat is either for sale or is sold and has been moved..... (I've got the for sale flyer for it at work). They aren't in West Palm anymore and aren't doing Bahamas trips....

anyway, with it being for sale, you risk the chance of loosing your deposit. you just never know....

It was taken off the market a few months ago. The "Eagle" is in Key Largo right now and leaving for the Bahamas next week for a ten day private charter. It will be back in West Palm for the Bahama season.

Here is the website. Nekton Diving Cruises - Comfort, Stability, Worldclass Diving

I would be interested in any information / trip reports / recommendations / tips from those who dove with Nekton.

Nice looking boats, by the way.

:D
We are heading out for our second trip on the Nekton to Bahamas in April to the new Medio itinerary. We love love love the Nekton! In fact, we love them so much we are bringing friends with us this time. You can see my trip report and photos here: http://www.rnrscuba.net/NektonCaySal.html

The Nekton boats are NOT cattleboats.... they are big and roomy with lots of space to walk around, a HUGE top deck where you can sun or sit in shade and read, etc. Our Nekton trip got us hooked on liveaboards and now it is our favorite type of dive trip. The boat isn't fancy like some others, but the fact it is more stable and more roomy and much less expensive than those fancy boats are factors in our choice.

robin:D

Easy Goin' is definitely for sale and Peg and Chuck, the operators, are looking to retire. I don't think they're chartering this year.

okay, that would be my fantasy.........buy a liveaboard!!! :D

As an active member of the dive community and an employee of a local dive shop, I have used JASA many times in the past with outstanding success. Divers I book on the Deep Obsession are always happy with the level of service and the knowledgeable demeanor of the crew and captains. All drops are right-on and success is regular. The most commonly heard complaint is the drops on popular southern reefs. I have dove with most, but not all dive operations, and JASA is favorite for the same reasons as the divers I book. I lead a group from the shop to Shark Canyon and Midreef on Saturday with JASA with outstanding success; Hogfish and Lobster

I do not agree with shark tourism as a whole, though the argument of education is strong. From dive operator I have talked to, the idea of education seems to be a driving force behind shark orientated drops. As a spearfisherman, I see sharks as predators who are just as hungry as me. If there were fish baiting me with hogfish, I would go for it too. The bottom line is you can’t blame the sharks.

I have disagreed with posting of lemon shark aggregations locations for reasons other then scientific reasons; this seems to encourage shark tourism.

I am interested to hear other opinions on shark tourism… maybe a separate forum?

Funny you should ask. I've been following this one for a couple of days. Might want to make a bowl of pocorn before you start reading it

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/222402-shark-bites-liveaboard-guest.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom