Florida to Bahamas liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had hoped more folks would chime in on opinions of the various liveaboards doing the Florida-Bahamas routes

In all seriousness, Steve, I would be interested in your suggestions to my original question seeing as how you are a Florida native.
I would also like to know where the best diving is of all the destinations offered. I am sure they vary greatly...

check out the itineraries for the details.... yes, they vary widely.
Nekton Diving Cruises - Comfort, Stability, Worldclass Diving - NW Bahamas has wrecks and reefs, Cay Sal Bank has deep walls and blue holes (more advanced), Medio Reef is something in between. We are going to be on the first official run of Medio in April, I will post a big trip report with photos and videos, probably on the Liveaboard Forum here.

BLACKBEARDS-CRUISES.COM - used to leave out of Florida, now is based in Bahamas. Least expensive trip but also the most rustic (bunkbeds, shared bathrooms, small sailboats)

Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Live-Aboard Diving - Bahamas boat leaves from Georgetown, Exuma. Several trip reports posted here on the Bahamas Forum. Looks like lots of deep walls and great SW Bahamas area diving (completely different area than Nekton trips)

Aquacat - Nassau Bahamas area mostly, don't know much about it other than it is more expensive and luxurious than the other boats.

Juliet Sailing and Scuba Diving - leaves from Florida to Bahamas in summer only, shared bathrooms but no bunkbeds (so somewhere between Nekton and Blackbeards in comfort)

Thanks for all the great info. A lot more than I anticipated. Sounds like there are at least 3 of these operations I would be interested in.

Cool.

Good info.

Don't feed the sharks...oops, I mean the bears:satanlook

polar-bear-bus_73.jpg

looks like somebody left their lunch pail opened....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom