Florida trip & lodging recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WPB does have some great diving but for some easy(15 to 30 feet, no to little current, high viz) dives, I would go to Key Largo. Lots of good operators that you can find by searching this forum. HAve a good trip.

Steve, one of the best shore dives in the area is Blue Heron Bridge (deepest is about 20' during slack high tide). Lauderdale by the Sea also has great shore dives which are fairly shallow. Diving in West Palm Beach is shallower than Jupiter dives and does not have such a strong current. Those would be good dives to build up to the Jupiter dives. In the Palm Beach area, we have fantastic beaches and malls to keep the wife busy and happy. And "Jupitermermaid's Diver's Inn" is only $50 a night, much cheaper than any hotel anywhere, with usage of the kitchen to cook your meals if your budget doesn't allow eating out all the time :wink:. (Click on the link below my sig line for details).

Hey Sandy!!

Thanks for the tips. I hope we get a chance to connect this trip. I had a great time in Jupiter in '09!

Wow Pat..
Clearly you have not seen much of Palm Beach diving....there is no comparison. Niether Key Largo or Pompano compares. Not only does Palm Beach have much healthier reefs, it has much more biomass....more of all fish, large and small.
It is EASY to PROVE. I'd be happy to.

Yes, I agree with your view. I also experienced the same few days earlier when I went there with some of my friends. At Palm Beach, while out diving, blue waters of the Gulf Stream guiding you, you'll encounter lush coral reefs and exciting wrecks inhabited by large number of colorful reef fish, turtles, sharks etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom