Flower Gardens in late May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread. I've been interested, too. Both in the Fling & in a live-aboard out of California to the Channel Islands. In both cases, it'd be a fairly short trip (not a week trip like some Caribbean operators do), and there is that risk of getting blown out due to bad weather.

What is the best month or two of the year for the best chance at good conditions on a planned Fling trip?

Richard.

July or August-------look back & view their past years' calendars that I posted a link to earlier, ALL their stats for 'go/no go' trips are listed in red & green for every month--for many years back......I think you'll find those 2 months to be the 'safest/best' times to plan a trip..........

I do know when I go out in my own offshore boat out of western Louisiana(basically the same exact weather barring any specific weather problems like summer storms--ie tropical storms/hurricanes that can vary from their area to ours), those 2 months I get the most fishing/dive trips in---that's going back to 1990....

EDIT..:.. saying this, they'll still go out in 4 to 6 ' seas & you'll rock & roll the whole time(with over half of the boat seasick @ some point)----then maybe the next weekend/midweek might be a 'piece of glass' out there..........ole Mother Nature is a funny gal.......

Back
Top Bottom