Flying from Kona to Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't waste your money on the Aviation museum if you go to PH, what a pathetic joke.

We slipped into the aviation museum after hearing they had a flight simulator. If you call sitting in a fake, plastic cockpit looking at a wall projected video a flight sim, you'll have a great time. Otherwise, stay away. Even the kids we saw there looked bored.

Revised Flying After Diving Guidelines

When I called DAN asking about living in Pukalani and working as a dive instructor/guide, above 2,000' we recommend same as flying was the answer (or was it 2000' and up). :eyebrow:
That's interesting. I've always heard the 1000' elevation mentioned as that's the point at which special considerations are necessary for diving at altitude.

Interestingly, from the PADI OWD Instructor Manual (p.3-43):

There is currently no recommendation for driving to altitude after diving. Conservatism is prudent. Also, there can never be a flying after diving rule that is guaranteed to prevent decompression sickness completely. These guidelines represent the best estimate for a conservative, safe surface interval for the vast majority of divers. The responsibility for diving safely and proper behavior falls on you. Stay up on procedure changes over time as new research develops.

I wonder if the more gradual ascent to altitude is what is preventing them (both DAN & PADI) from making anything more firm in statement than the flying-after-diving rules.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom