Molokini Backwall or Carthinigian Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally would do the backwall. But you might consider booking a scooter dive with me lol. Like riding a Harley underwater. We get to little reefs the boats and kick divers do not get to.
Mahalo
Scuba Steve

Attachments

• A9941024-5A8F-4D25-AD29-0DFC892531E2.jpeg
    A9941024-5A8F-4D25-AD29-0DFC892531E2.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 42E9CBAC-4EAB-4D1E-858E-DBAC5D1C765E.jpeg
    42E9CBAC-4EAB-4D1E-858E-DBAC5D1C765E.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 36D389D9-4CAC-43E5-A26A-DDA8950187CD.jpeg
    36D389D9-4CAC-43E5-A26A-DDA8950187CD.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 55
I personally would do the backwall. But you might consider booking a scooter dive with me lol. Like riding a Harley underwater. We get to little reefs the boats and kick divers do not get to.
Mahalo
Scuba Steve
one day, I'd like to bring my rebreather to Maui and scooter all over the place.

If you can ever do inside Molokini crater in the afternoon (when the zillion snorkel boats are gone) that can be a good one. Most ops don’t do afternoon because the wind kicks up and the trip can get rather sporty. We lucked into spots on someone’s outside/inside afternoon special charter and just hung out in the crater with our own private manta.

I'll agree with everyone else that backwall is the better dive -- with one note: if your op can coordinate the Carthaginian dive with when the submarine is doing its sightseeing pass, that's pretty fun.

If it’s whale season, you hear them everywhere. However the Molokini back wall if the only interesting dove in Maui in addition to Mala warf so I would recommend it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom