Flying with a speargun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward, the Trigger assembly is removable, but I'm skeptical to take it apart since it's sealed with some type of epoxy. I modified the butt of the gun to hold an extra spear and it was an hour long task just to get the butt pad off. I can only imagine that the trigger assembly would be even harder. As for the PVC case, Mike, I measured the highest point on the gun to the lowest and it was approximately 7 3/4". So an 8" pipe would work, but then I wouldn't have much, if any, room for any type of padding.. Hmmmm....... I'm going to have to sleep on this one...

one last alternative is to make your own case.

We custom made some where I worked many years ago. Bought some colored blue 1/4" plexiglass, then metal channel, then handles and closure buckles (that were recessed). was fairly easy to make.

the 1/4" plexiglass cut on a table saw. The metal channel, made for making case edges, was cut on a mitre saw. assembly was drilling holes and riving the channel in place. Some of them we glued the seams of the channel and plexiglass.

I wish I had some pics of it or some sources to give you. (but it was in about 1990, before digital pics, etc and internet sources.)

If we had that setup still, we could easily make you a 60" long, say 12" wide" and say 4-6" thick cool portable case

would have looked similar to this.

website_guncases_largepictures_35-h1200-s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom