Fogging Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have pretty much eliminated foging by this method.
I install the camera in the housing in my room but do not close the door. I crank up the AC to full to making sure the compressor is on and then hold the housing and camea in front of the AC outlet, letting the dry air blow into the housing for a couple of minutes. This drys out any moisture that may be in/on the housing and camera and floods (maybe not the best word to use :) ) the housing with dry air. I close the housing while in the air stream. Once out of my room, I keep the housing as cool as possible, always covered with a thick towel or in the rinse tank. I carry with me a large baggie- a white garbage bag will do- with a towel soaked in fresh water to the dive site. The camera and housing is wrapped in the towel and placed inside the bag for transport home. This prevents salt water from drying on the seals before I can get back to my room for a proper soak and rinse. A little extra work but my housing never fogs and is still going strong after a lot of dives.

Thanks to you all. I am now loading the camera in cool environment and keeping it that way. Seems to be working a treat.
Cheers, Ad..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom