Folding Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherwood Avid's been discontinued...

Anyone know why?

Also, according to LP Aqualung's Snap (folding) snorkel has been discontinued.

Was there something wrong with these?

By the way, there's a Sherwood Avid for sale on ebay if anyone is interested: Compact Folding Snorkel Sherwood Avid Travel Snorkel - (eBay item 290172836379 end time Oct-27-07 10:29:41 PDT)

If I was to buy one I'd probably go for one of the basic J-types. I imagine purge valves make snorkels harder to use if not completely ineffective for mouth-to-snorkel rescue breathing.

check out Aqualung Snap.

I don't have an Oceanic but I sure like the velcro snorkel lock idea.

It looks like a good idea. But the first thing I did when I got mine was replace it with a quick release clip I got off a cheapo from Sam's club. It quickly wears out and it tended to snag in my pocket. My instructor had the same issue. We got some after market quick releases from trident for the shop that work alot better. The snorkel itself is great though. Going on 3 yrs and not a problem.

As for the post regarding snorkels for rescue breathing the majority of snorkel out there now have the purge and it does make em useless for that. Thing is the agencies that teach or used to teach the technique now have their instructors recomending the purge. And with the info that seems to indicate that rescue breathing while towing may be less effective than previously thought, as opposed to getting the vic out of the water ASAP for proper CPR, it may be a moot point. I agree if conditions warrant it worth it to try but that is not always the case. A pocket mask is a better choice IMO and is what I carry.

The Apollo is great it is very adjustable to fit anyone and not be in the way and can be stored in your pocket when not in use.

We tried the Snap and hated it. Great material, performs as advertised, but was too short to keep it from flooding. Oceanic has the best one on the market that I have used.

Back
Top Bottom