Follow up.....my LDS experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emmagee

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Earler last week I posted inquiring about the huge $$ diff. between LDS's and buying on-line and how my LDS didn't seem too interested in giving me that much of a discount.

I went in yesterday, checkbook in hand, to make a deal. I was going to buy the following: One Zeagle Ranger BC, one Zeagle Zena BC, one Scubapro MK25/S600 reg., two Scubapro 190 Octo's., one for that reg. and one for mine, and two Aeris Atmos 2 computer consoles w/ compass, knifne and QD, two sets of fins, two masks, two pair of booties and a snorkel and several otehr misc. items.

Price to buy all this stuff from LP was $2,400 compared to $3,100 from my LDS. Again, I really wanted to buy from my LDS and didn't require them to beat or even meet the price, just get me into the ballpark. One of the owners told me he could do that pkg for $2,600 plus tax and I said great, set me up. When we started talking about the Atmos 2 he asked why I was giong with that one instead of the Aeris AI and I that I would prefer AI, but was going with the Atmos 2 simply becuase of cost; he said I could have the AI's for $50 more each; a helluva deal! I ended up with the AI's instead of the Atmos 2's and the rst of the gear for $2,700 plus tax and that turned out to actually be a BETTER deal than I could have gotten from LP! I paid sticker for the the items that couldn't be discounted and got freebies, discounts on the other items.

It's a shame the mfgs. ties the hands of the LDS in the pricing/sales agreements becuase some may not ask for a dea, but I'm sure glad these guys not only value their customer, but also value the $$, both theirs and mines and are willing to work with the customer. So before you spend on-line, give your LDS a chance, you might be surprised!!

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with your LDS AND took the time to post it.

Too often we only hear the "Horror Stories."

emmagee once bubbled...
I really wanted to buy from my LDS

This is the reason your LDS got the sale.

I hope they continue to provide you with the best of value-added service, because this is what keeps customers coming to the LDS for gear. I know from growing up as a photo industry brat, keeping inventory in stock is almost a service in itself for the small business because the mfg make it so difficult for them to make anything on it.

.... on the deal you got, and for supporting a local business.

Nice job. Glad to hear there are some good stories out there about gear purchased from LDS.

Cave Diver once bubbled...
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with your LDS AND took the time to post it.

Too often we only hear the "Horror Stories."

Ain't that the truth. Lets do hear the positive stories.

Great story about a great experience. What a refreshing read. Thanks for posting it.

Back
Top Bottom