Foolishness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw a guy on a boat that wanted to put his gear on in the water. I don't know why, but this particular boat had a policy against that. The DM told him to put his gear on while on the boat. He got upset and tossed his gear into the water. Unfortunately for him, he forgot to inflate his BC. He asked the other divers to retrieve it for him. One girl told him she would send it up, and she did...after her dive was over. :D

Watched a nube jump in with no fins. The DM was turned away for a minute helping another diver. She just walked up real easy like she was going to get the mail and dropped in. Oops!

On a tour I had forgotten my wet suit and had to do the dive in my swim trunks. 72 F water, oh yeah I was the guide. doh

At the dive site, one very loud "experienced" diver was letting everyone within ear shot know how many dives and how "deep" he has been. As he was suiting up and trying to impress some new divers, I kept my mouth shut. You see, he stepped into the water fully geared up, with his dry suit zipper wide open.

I almost coughed up a lung I was laughing so hard.

pt40fathoms:
At the dive site, one very loud "experienced" diver was letting everyone within ear shot know how many dives and how "deep" he has been. As he was suiting up and trying to impress some new divers, I kept my mouth shut. You see, he stepped into the water fully geared up, with his dry suit zipper wide open.

I almost coughed up a lung I was laughing so hard.

Now that's funny!

Check this out. I met a diver who dives untill his tank is out then rockets to the surface no matter what his depth. As he says this "conserves his bottom time". Idiot. Also saw a old guy once who rigged a garden hose as a LPI. Moron.

Supposed rescue diver student offered me some ear plugs before a dive....

The temptation to smack him was overwhelming... :whack:

Few months later, a guy walks into our LDS looking for a Nitrox fill. When I asked what mix he wanted he said "Ah just gimme whatever the last guy had"

Sadly both of these incidents involved the same individual...i couldn't believe it... :11:

During the IDC for a practice run I drew the CESA. A staff instructor had set up a rope tied to a dock at 25 ft or so, attached to a float.

My turn came, I got set up on the rope and beckoned my 'student' to join me. When he did and we began the CESA I discovered rather quickly that the knot holding the rope to the dock had unravelled, leaving me and my pretend student struggling with our bouyancy.

I got that sorted out, then the knot holding the other end of the rope to the float unravelled, so another 20 feet of rope came down on my head, leaving me with the job of untangling myself.

As a nervous instructor candidate, I found it a bit difficult not to take all this personally. I found it even more difficult not to murder the staff instructor in question, who later claimed that he had done this on purpose in order to help us "train for unexpected scenarios".

Needless to say, when I actually do a CESA, I tie my own @#$! knots.

doole:
I found it even more difficult not to murder the staff instructor in question, who later claimed that he had done this on purpose in order to help us "train for unexpected scenarios".

I would have had serious words thith the staff instructor. The IE is too important to have extra challenges on top of what you have to do already, especially on a section that they don't allow you to repeat.

I wonder if the CD knew about it? Did you pass?

SF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom