for all you backward people not using ft and Fahrenheit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick, somebody close this thread before NetDoc comes back and does that again! AAAAARRRRRRGH! :biggrin:
Ber :lilbunny:

plsdiver4377:
till I looked it up in my Units of measurement book.

1 Acre = the amount of tillable land produced by one man behind and ox in one day.

That's the one. I just think of the possible variables:
-How far from the equator?
-What season?
-How early did he get up, and how late does he work (sunup/sundown?)
-lunch break?
-How old was the ox?
-How rocky was the field?

The list goes on. Bizarre. Of course 'feet' and 'yards' were no better. You had to recalculate every time the kind died...

Ber Rabbit:
Quick, somebody close this thread before NetDoc comes back and does that again! AAAAARRRRRRGH! :biggrin:
Ber :lilbunny:

Actually, I'm a little upset about that. He got his posted before me :( Shouldn't have gone to refill my glass I guess.

Give me an inch, and I'll make a smile. Be glad this wasn't about electricity... it might have been re-volting.

Scubaroo:
Well, as long as they weren't going "crikey, isn't she a bewdy!" as it was happening... what's there to complain about? :D

Well I dunno what an acre is, but I know you get two of them from a kick in the groin!

LOL.....

Well the night after the Elephant incident the hyena's were back again.... We had thrown some steak bones into a garbage can with an animal proof lid in it.... and they bloody broke the lid off and you could hear them crunching the bones from like 100 metres away and "chuckling" (laughing) at each other in the process, which I found out was a hyena's way of saying to another hyena "get out of my face or I'll rip your head off and sh8t down your throat....."

In the meanwhile a South African guy had joined us for a couple of cold ones any my Aussie friends were having a HUGE laugh about the elephant thing with him while exchanging stories that seemed to get more and more macho as the night went on. At some point the hyena's walked right in between us and the firepit and started chucking at us too.... There was a sort of stunned silence and I said "c'mon mate, he just wants te snuggle wid ya...." LOL Maybe you had to be there but we laughed for several minutes in one of those "you had to be there" kinds of laughs.... In the end we ended up chasing them away with big sticks before we dared to go to bed.... :eek: To this day it's one of my all time favorite camping moments.

R..

NetDoc:
Give me an inch, and I'll make a smile. Be glad this wasn't about electricity... it might have been re-volting.

Watt are you talking about? Ohm not one to start things, but AC you are trying to get my attenuation. I pun with extreme frequency and am always willing to go as farad I can in spite of any resistance. EMI bothering anyone yet?

Just my input.

stop IT with the awful puns... i'm about to short circuit

Breaker, breaker, good buddy: Watt's up? Resistance is futile... I amp going to o-pun circuits whenever possible. Just try to impede me and you will shocked how short a fuse I have. Sometimes I feel insulated from the rest of the world, until I feel a spark of inspiration. Arc-tually, it doesn't come often and my capacity for the obtuse is often modulated by the amplitude of the input. Armageddon outa here, before y'all start throwing switches. I think I'll go alternate my current info again.

NetDoc:
Breaker, breaker, good buddy: Watt's up? Resistance is futile... I amp going to o-pun circuits whenever possible. Just try to impede me and you will shocked how short a fuse I have. Sometimes I feel insulated from the rest of the world, until I feel a spark of inspiration. Arc-tually, it doesn't come often and my capacity for the obtuse is often modulated by the amplitude of the input. Armageddon outa here, before y'all start throwing switches. I think I'll go alternate my current info again.

Not trying to boost your lines, buy you trying to start something here? Keep it up and someone will have you charged with battery...

Ah, someoone rung my decibel, and I got wired. I sorta got a field for this. I think it's my magnetic personality.

Back
Top Bottom