For all you Seatech Ledge/John Lloyd Park Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time are tough and people are getting desperate. There have been reports of car vandalism in the parking lots of the Palm Beach County library system.
Just curious, do you work for them? I work for Broward County Libraries. And you just wouldn't believe what's going on down here. {back on topic}

I am very sorry to hear this that really really sucks. But I am also curious about the lobster situation :)

I'll try and answer all the questions and give more details. We suited up around 8:15 or so. At the time there were 7-10 cars in the general vicinity. We parked at the northern most part of the lot near the restaurant and the pier entrance (we were parked on the marina side). I was diving with one other person who parked right next to me. His car was not broken into. I did see Wes's group all 15 cars at the other end of the lot. both of our cars were locked. When I came back at 11:15 the window was shattered, the glove box was left open, the center console was open and the doors were still locked. There were no cars when we returned. They were obviously in a rush as they didn't take a $20 roll of quarters, didn't take sunglasses or even my c cards!. They wanted money and the phone. they probably were extremely concerned with getting noticed so they did things very quickly- They immediately went to U-Gas in Sunrise and tried to buy some gas and sent 1 blank email at 11:04pm to my realtor.

Not sure if anyone else fell victim last night. When I was driving out of the park there were 2 guys putting their gear in their car at the south end (I assume from Wes's Group).
I did get a 2-3lber and 3 other lobsters, but couldn't enjoy the catch because of well....you know. Saw a turtle. Overall the dive was good. mediocre visibility. the surf was a little on the high side with a fairly strong south current.

Didn't do anything different than I have done in the past. Except maybe not dove with 3-7 other cars. really nothing out of the ordinary.

I did get a 2-3lber and 3 other lobsters, but couldn't enjoy the catch because of well....you know. Saw a turtle. Overall the dive was good. mediocre visibility. the surf was a little on the high side with a fairly strong south current.

That sucks man! Let me know if you need help enjoying your catch. I'm here for you. I'm assuming that you didn't go out with Rick since you did alright. Otherwise he would of had all the bugs.

hahaha...actually I did go out with Rick. He managed to get 1 big one as well, and I think 1 other smaller one. I think this is the first time ever I've been able to bag more than him.. and I still missed 1-2 others. I've been having luck getting the bigger ones while their walking. Maybe the whole break in situation was the lobsters way of martyrdom. coupled with the fact that I had one of their relatives for dinner an hour before the dive.

Sorry to hear about that. Big time bummer! Thanks for the heads up on this.

hahaha...actually I did go out with Rick. He managed to get 1 big one as well, and I think 1 other smaller one. I think this is the first time ever I've been able to bag more than him.. and I still missed 1-2 others. I've been having luck getting the bigger ones while their walking. Maybe the whole break in situation was the lobsters way of martyrdom. coupled with the fact that I had one of their relatives for dinner an hour before the dive.

I don't think it was lobster martyrdom, lol. It was the universe staying in line. You caused a cosmic disruption by out hunting Rick. If you didn't get screwed somehow out there, the entire universe would have imploded. Thanks for almost ending it all for everyone!

Just curious, do you work for them? I work for Broward County Libraries. And you just wouldn't believe what's going on down here. {back on topic}

No I don't work for them. I hope things are going OK for you.

By the way, how deep do you folks dive at Seatech Ledge/John Lloyd Park to find lobsters? Is it possible to hunt for lobsters while snorkeling and/or freediving?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom