"For crying out loud, we're just talking about bolts snaps here!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had a problem with any of my snaps, all of which came from Nix dog collars. I emailed them and got a special price because I got like 50 of them or so. If you can get a couple buddies together it doesn't take long to add up 50 snaps.

I did here Nix had a bad batch come through though so I have avoided buying snaps for some time.

It's not where one buys one's gear, it's what gear one buys.

There is a well known acronym among the cyber folks . . . "RTFM" . . . read the field manual.

To the best of my knowledge, and I've been around the industrial distribution game for a LONG time, there is not a specific manufacturer for "scubadiving" bolt snaps.

Don't complain about a piece of gear unless you've done the appropriate research.

Caveat emptor . . .

Bought all of my snaps from an ACE Hardware and they're still going strong after many years of service.

the K

Seriously? A debate based on the difference between cheap stuff and really cheap stuff!

For as often as I need them the brass ones last far beyond their value for me.

Buddy of mine had brass clips. Soon enough, the soft metal developed ridges and started leaving nice cuts in his dry gloves. Those were quickly replaced with SS ones.

Have heard similar stories about brass clips cutting bare hands where gloves are not worn (e.g. caves).

Since these ARE cheap enough already, I'm happy paying a few dollars more for SS.

Yeah, maybe. But it keeps closing...ALL BY ITSELF!

What a POS...

:eyebrow:
Maybe you'd be happier if you would just get one of these...
carabiner.jpg

:wink:

Buddy of mine had brass clips. Soon enough, the soft metal developed ridges and started leaving nice cuts in his dry gloves. Those were quickly replaced with SS ones.

Have heard similar stories about brass clips cutting bare hands where gloves are not worn (e.g. caves).

Since these ARE cheap enough already, I'm happy paying a few dollars more for SS.

He must use the smack out of those clips. Enough to wear them out:confused:
I have 100+ dives on two of my brass clips and they show no wear on the thumb button!

Anyone who dives often enough to actualy wear out a brass thumb button gets my vote for a truly committed diver. (Or he is a professional diver!)

For all those out there that feel they have to save a penny on everything just remember you get what you pay for. That handy "stay open" feature could have cost you how much in gear? I also see that snap on the right doesnt open as far so when you are trying to clip on gear with 5 mil gloves that must be kinda fun.

So how was Truk dude?
It's not quite that easy... A savy consumer can save a penny and get the exact product... PLAN AHEAD....

Omg... I see I have made a terrible mistake, here. I see what people here are talking about as "expense", and made a mistake in my posting... sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom