"For crying out loud, we're just talking about bolts snaps here!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS bolt snaps that look like the one on the left cost about $5 at Lowe's.

Hell, even the one on the right looked like the one on the left when I bought it.

:eyebrow:

SS bolt snaps that look like the one on the left cost about $5 at Lowe's.

I have tried to buy snaps at Lowes that look like the one on the left. They dont exist. The springs are not SS and they soon look like the one on the right.

Yeah, maybe. But it keeps closing...ALL BY ITSELF!

What a POS...

:rofl3: :rofl3: Now that's funny.

I have tried to buy snaps at Lowes that look like the one on the left. They dont exist. The springs are not SS and they soon look like the one on the right.

Yup, the one SS bolt snap I bought from Lowes (also got one from HD at some point) must not have had a SS spring. Pretty soon it locked up (a few dozen salt water dives).

Stick with known suppliers for diving needs. All SS is key if diving salt water.

That is why you do not buy cheap SS from the hardware Store... HOWEVER, the brass clips from the hardware will work fine for years.

Hell, even the one on the right looked like the one on the left when I bought it.

You may have to look more closely, especially when pulling one out of a bin.

I have seen the occasional SS bolt snap that did not have a SS spring. I suspect it was a problem with the sub who supplied the springs. I see quite a few brass snaps with springs that rust, but many of them also have SS springs. I bought some SS spring stock for M-C for my brass snaps. It is not hard to fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom