• Never took a class, for DIR

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • Never took a class, against DIR

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • It's a stupid argument and I dont care one way or the other

Votes: 64 53.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Since DIR seems to be such a hot topic, I am curious whether those advocating for/or against it have ever actually taken a GUE class of any sort, or if they are just basing their opinion on second hand internet information of others.

Where's the "seems like a fine idea, may take the class in the future" option?

Did someone in the "DIR camp" do something really a**holeish this week? It seems like there is a ton of negativity toward DIR and those who are identified as DIR on this list the last few days...

I voted for option 1 because I took a GUE class and I dive that way. I am sick of the argument though and am willing to agree to disagree...you dive your way and I'll dive mine...

Never took a class, for DIR, planning on taking quite a few GUE class. However, I am open to listen to others opinions and do not think anyone not DIR is a stroke.

Jonnythan,

BLACK....................................................................................WHITE

Graham

(Who was about to take a DIR class and looking forward to it but got put off by all the elitist, absolutist, BS.)

Yeah - I'm sure I would have failed too.....

O-ring once bubbled...
Did someone in the "DIR camp" do something really a**holeish this week? It seems like there is a ton of negativity toward DIR and those who are identified as DIR on this list the last few days...

I voted for option 1 because I took a GUE class and I dive that way. I am sick of the argument though and am willing to agree to disagree...you dive your way and I'll dive mine...

I think it's mostly just chain jerking :)

Tom

...you aren't upset because I exposed your front tank mounting system and your between the legs hose routing? :wink:

O-ring once bubbled...
...you aren't upset because I exposed your front tank mounting system and your between the legs hose routing? :wink:

Maybe just a little............. :)

O-ring once bubbled...
...you dive your way and I'll dive mine...

Enlightenment! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom