??? for the men out there-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajmataz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has this happened to any of you guys out there, because it's happened to me quite a few times...

Upon descending and spending some time below (~15 meters) my wetsuit starts squeezing and it squeezes enough to start compressing my crotch. Here's a description: it feels like my testicles are being pushed into my stomach. :eek:hno:

No joke, it can get quite painful. Granted the wetsuit I was wearing was a rental, but it's happened with two seperate wetsuits that have been good fits outside the water (so I thought).

Advice? Similar experiences?

Get your own wetsuit.

I've never had that problem, and the only time I ever used a rental was during my first 2 CW dives during OW training.

Your own wetsuit will feel much better and over time it will feel like the proverbial old pair of jeans...It sets itself to you in a way.

BTW, wearing a rental wetsuit is like wearing someone elses unwashed underwear......think about that the next time the urge hits you on a dive!

Yep, get yourself your own wetsuit that fits, then you'll never have that problem again.....

Whew... thank god... I can honestly say that has never happened to me. Like the others said, get your own. They're not too expensive, depending on what thickness and type/brand you get.

David

No - I have never had that experience. The 2 I own (not customs) fit quite well and, if any thing, fit slightly more loose as the depth compresses the neoprene. If it werent for the seals, I imagine the suits would flush more water at depth.
I do think it would be a great idea to have your own - custom or otherwise - that fits properly. If so, I would think that this would not be an issue for you.

Make sure the packadge is securly stowed. Untill I descovered the miracle of the spedo, they would move around and end up getting pinched or squeezed.

Or get a dry suit.

A cup might do to.. but that could cause other problems.

ajmataz once bubbled... Has this happened to any of you guys out there, because it's happened to me quite a few times...

Upon descending and spending some time below (~15 meters) my wetsuit starts squeezing and it squeezes enough to start compressing my crotch. Here's a description: it feels like my balls are being pushed into my stomach. :eek:hno:

No joke, it can get quite painful. Granted the wetsuit I was wearing was a rental, but it's happened with two seperate wetsuits that have been good fits outside the water (so I thought).

I've never had such a thing happen to me in the water, although I have had my genitals find a painful positon on the surface when wearing no or loose underwear.

Since the pain happens after you have been down a while, I'm guessing it isn't actually a squeeze, but quite the opposite. The suit gets loose and let's your body parts wander a bit.

My solution was a fairly snug squarecut swimsuit until I discovered "Life" underwear from Haynes. They have microfiber squarecuts that take care of package management and modesty issues for about $15. I buy them at Wal-Mart and use them for pretty much all of my diving now.

ajmataz once bubbled...
Has this happened to any of you guys out there, because it's happened to me quite a few times...

Upon descending and spending some time below (~15 meters) my wetsuit starts squeezing and it squeezes enough to start compressing my crotch. Here's a description: it feels like my balls are being pushed into my stomach. :eek:hno:

MY GOD MAN! Get yourself your own wetsuit and wetsuits!!!!

Back
Top Bottom